Why become a member? ×

Free to a good home: Steinberger XT2 Spirit bass, case & new strings

tredders

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In the spirit of Mark's original offer I'd like to offer this bass on the same terms, i.e., a good home with all the same caveats. I bought it from Tom (Tom1946), and it's very nice, but I have about 10 project basses, all Fender fit necks and bodies, that I was hoping I could chop and change this with, but it's not Fender fit (heel is far deeper). No idea what any of the parts are, but it's an alright bass and well worth the £175 I paid. Happy to courier

[URL=http://s80.photobucket.com/user/Beedster/media/IMG_2526_zpsuzm3s1ja.jpg.html][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/Beedster/IMG_2526_zpsuzm3s1ja.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://s80.photobucket.com/user/Beedster/media/IMG_2525_zpsxnoio90e.jpg.html][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/Beedster/IMG_2525_zpsxnoio90e.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='tredders' timestamp='1489330956' post='3256072']
That's a very cool thing to do, Chris.

If someone deserving isn't able to collect this, I'm happy to pickup the cost of the courier. As you said previously, I don't see why you should get all the glory
[/quote]

Ha ha, good man Mark, many thanks. This could go on and on!

I've had a couple of PMs from folks saying they'd like to have it as a raffle prize at upcoming bashes, but it worries me that on that basis it could end up only pulling in a few quid, and going to a BCer who'll probably end up selling it here again! To be honest I'd prefer it to go directly to a good cause rather than indirectly, I just like the idea of a needly kid somewhere having the bass, hope that makes sense?

C

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1489350166' post='3256288']

Ha ha, good man Mark, many thanks. This could go on and on!

I've had a couple of PMs from folks saying they'd like to have it as a raffle prize at upcoming bashes, but it worries me that on that basis it could end up only pulling in a few quid, and going to a BCer who'll probably end up selling it here again! To be honest I'd prefer it to go directly to a good cause rather than indirectly, I just like the idea of a needly kid somewhere having the bass, hope that makes sense?

C
[/quote]

PM sent, I know somewhere it would have a good home if it fits your criteria.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1492439286' post='3280228']
Lost track of this, sorry folks, I know I received a PM but can't find it so please feel free to PM again and I'll get onto it

Cheers

Chris
[/quote]
I sent you a Pm about it so have resent it :-)

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1492440804' post='3280244']

And replied mate, apologies for missing the earlier message

Chris
[/quote]
No problem and many thanks for the very kind offer, it will make a big difference to a guitar/ bass club at a school for kids with a wide range of disabilities. Kit is always hard to come by so a donation like this really does impact in a massive way.

[quote name='tredders' timestamp='1492444005' post='3280279']
Don't forget that if it needs couriering (is that even a word?!), I'll pick up the cost, just as Chris did with my Steinberger. Chris - just let me know.
[/quote]

You're a gent mate :)

• 2 weeks later...