Why become a member? ×

At last I have found the right instrument!

bonnp

Suffering from manic depression i have bought a saxophone, 6 electric guitars, several amps including a JJ burnel and 2 cabs throwing out 800 watts in the spare room and a full acoustic drum kit. Sold most at a loss after losing interest.
Recently after listening to one of my fav bands the stray cats again i suddenly decided i wanted a upright bass. I managed to find a gear for music white one on Gumtree for just £230 (bloke selling all his kit cheap), its immaculate and i love it , i know its cheap but its a good start to see if i can stay interested. I have strung it with innovation super silvers (it had steel strings on) and bought a pick up and connected to one of my amps.
I love the sound even though it probably sounds shoddy to experienced players. Actually managed to play the majority of stray cat strut which has really given me the bug and now addicted to the upright. May need a lesson to help me hold it correctly, finger etc but appears nobody near in the north east (Durham), Getting a little bit of stiffness in my neck and fingers tingle a bit after long bouts playing but otherwise good.