Why become a member? ×

Can anyone make me something? (SORTED)

NancyJohnson

[quote name='Karl Derrick' timestamp='1471730059' post='3115466']
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OVAL-electric-guitar-FLUSH-jack-plate-NEW-UK-stock-LP-TL-all-colours-/122073274526?var=&hash=item1c6c22589e:m:myR-y26FIjIj_IGypYYThkw

Any good?
[/quote]

Tried one of these already. There seems to be a few of these about, but either the holes don't match up or they don't cover the actual rout in the body. :(

I'm going to try flipping the existing Strat-style plate over. The whole reason for my search is because all my cables terminate in right angled jack plugs and it's a bit of a pig getting the plugs in and out!

[quote name='NancyJohnson' timestamp='1471764929' post='3115574']
Tried one of these already. There seems to be a few of these about, but either the holes don't match up or they don't cover the actual rout in the body. :(

I'm going to try flipping the existing Strat-style plate over. The whole reason for my search is because all my cables terminate in right angled jack plugs and it's a bit of a pig getting the plugs in and out!
[/quote]
Might be possoible to make a plate like that out of scratchplate material. Plastic is obviously a lot easier to work with than metal and there are a few places that do custom scratchplates so maybe they could help, or if you have a Dremmel type hobby tool, you could have a crack yourself.

Would you not consider changing the jack plugs on your cables to straight ones or if the cables are right angled at one end and straight at the other, use the right angled end in the amp?

Edited by BassBunny

A rather inelegant solution...I trawled a load of Fender sites and found a post saying that Alex Lifeson had simply reverse loaded the jack plate on one of his Strats. Bingo! Works a treat. Bertbass; I may hit you up for a plate at some stage - I'll see how this mod pans out.

Don't really want to start making up new leads, especially for a bass that rarely leaves the house. This'll do for now.
P

Edited by NancyJohnson

[quote name='Karl Derrick' timestamp='1471876432' post='3116602']
Hey, I like that :)
[/quote]

I don't. I was well into my plans on how I could corner the market in making small oval plates!

Foiled! After 2 whole days of market research and and R&D! :o

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1471876590' post='3116604']

I don't. I was well into my plans on how I could corner the market in making small oval plates!

Foiled! After 2 whole days of market research and and R&D! :o
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure there's a market for oval playes, Rich.

Reading through the Fender forums, I'm amazed at the attitude of a number of posters just stating that 'Leo got it right,' and saying nothing else. I favour a right-angled jack and the Hamer is the only bass in my arsenal that utilises this arcane connection.

The flippage is a means to an end!

[quote name='NancyJohnson' timestamp='1471879852' post='3116641']
I'm pretty sure there's a market for oval playes, Rich.

Reading through the Fender forums, I'm amazed at the attitude of a number of posters just stating that 'Leo got it right,' and saying nothing else. I favour a right-angled jack and the Hamer is the only bass in my arsenal that utilises this arcane connection.

The flippage is a means to an end!
[/quote]
... like Henry Ford got it right. I keep telling you; go buy a Model T and you won't wish for anything. :)

"There's no better bridge on the market than a BBOT"