Why become a member? ×

Spector Bass Identification

tonewheels

Just retrieved this from a loan which lasted about 20 years. Can anyone confirm what it is?

I believe its one of the very first SSD Czech made instruments. SSD and NS-4 on the headstock. SSD (humbucker?) pickups and 9V electronics.

3 piece thru neck and looks like solid maple wings.

Lovely thing. Year, origin and value?

[url="https://flic.kr/p/LecvRH"][/url]

Edited by tonewheels

Defo an NS-94. I had one which stated so on the truss rod cover but no ID anywhere else (including under the electronics cover). IIRC some of them were made in China. I used to have a Bass Player article which rated them quite highly. They originally retailed at $1000 so by no means a budget bass. I loved mine for many years until GAS got the better of me.

[quote name='Paulhauser' timestamp='1471712935' post='3115281']
And you loaned it to someone else for 20 years? There must be a story behind that :-)

Spectors are great basses at every price level and those korean models are very nice, too.
[/quote]

Got frustrated at not having a Hammond player so went over to playing Hammond myself. In the meantime, started playing Stingrays and Jazzes. I think the NS-94 may be better than my Jazz though. And it's worth sod all.

[quote name='tonewheels' timestamp='1471713873' post='3115290']
Got frustrated at not having a Hammond player so went over to playing Hammond myself. In the meantime, started playing Stingrays and Jazzes. I think the NS-94 may be better than my Jazz though. And it's worth sod all.
[/quote]

Cool! Have fun with the Spector! I have a few of them and they are my fave basses.