Why become a member? ×

Vanderkley 410 vs Bergantino 410 cabs

ovialexm1

Hi!

I have a Aguilar TH500 amp and SL112 cab for small gigs but I am interested to buy one of these two 410 cabs for larger gigs and also for diferit flavor I am looking for.Probably another bigger head too... did not decided yet.Definitely I want a 410 cab.Also I could not try both of them side by side.
I need to buy the one is more agresiv and with puch.
Also any other suggestions are welcome but please suggest only good quality cabs.
Thanks.

Edited by ovialexm1

It really depends on which Bergantino 410 you are looking at. I have either owned or played through them all with the exception of the HDN.
HD/HS 410 -tight low end with lots of low mid punch, present but not bright up top, very loud and quite heavy to move
CN410 - thinner and less muscular sounding than the ceramic cabs, nicer to move around
HDN410 - I have not tried one of these but they are supposed to sound very much like the HS/HD cabs and are a lot lighter.
Vanderkley 410LNT - fuller and deeper than any of the Bergs, lots of top end sizzle if you want it. Very punchy and extremely loud. 1200 watt rating and from the way it sounds that is pretty conservative. Very light @24kg and a breeze to move around. I now use one of these for everything whether it is home, rehearsal or gigs.
I use mine with a Magellan 800 and it is easily the best rig I have ever heard or used.

I used to run a 212 Berg cab with a TH500 and the Gain was at 12 o'clock and the Master would be on 11 - 12 o'clock.

I'm now running 2 BF Super Compacts and the Master is on 9 o'clock to get the same volume. My point is that the BF's give you more SPL for your watts, so I'd suggest you add the BF Four10 to your list.

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1471771382' post='3115658']
I used to run a 212 Berg cab with a TH500 and the Gain was at 12 o'clock and the Master would be on 11 - 12 o'clock.

I'm now running 2 BF Super Compacts and the Master is on 9 o'clock to get the same volume. My point is that the BF's give you more SPL for your watts, so I'd suggest you add the BF Four10 to your list.
[/quote]
Chris_b, apart from spl what tonal properties would the Barefaced bring in comparison to the Bergs and the Vanderkley? Have you had chance to do a comparison? I appreciate that the B/F is a newish cab so you may not have had chance yet.
If anyone would like to do a comparison I am happy to pitch up with the Vanderkley and some ear defenders😁

Without hearing them, I'd be think Berg, ...but as with all these things, nobody can really say what which will suit you.
I think your amp would be quite critical if you want an agressive sound.

I find the TH500 a bit narrow............pleasant but a tad lacking for me in terms of character. Too polite.

I have recently owned a Vanderkley 112 and a Bergantino 112 alongside one another and the Berg was certainly the more aggressive.

Thing is, aggressive is really rather subjective! What I mean is that the Berg is much punchier in the mids than the Vanderkley. The Vanderkley has more bottom, but a more neutral mid and high end.

Out of those two, I would opt for the new Berg HND410, but personally I wouldn't want to pay £1300 for a 4x10...but that is just me.

I wouldn't go back to a 4x10 now. I sold my last 4x10 the end of last year, and I was reminded why when I moved it....awkward.

I would get a super punchy high end vertical format 2x12 which is focussed on a low mid high output kick...with plenty of high end detail. Most of the modern 2x12 cabs are built much better than a traditional 4x10.

The BF cab would be worth consideration, but it depends if you want that tone. It'll be lighter, but for me I would want a good quality tweeter.

Have a look at the modern 2x12s....Genzler, BF, Bergantino, etc.

Edited by Musicman20

I love berg hds ,I know it's all subjective but I'd say the vanderkleys are more modern sounding with a bigger footprint ( frequency not floorspace) and the bergs are muscular smooth and rich, I wasn't convinced by berg CNs light in tone and weight for me.I'm a fender and flatwounds guy though, what bass do you use and what sound are you going for
IF you have a sl112 for small gigs and bad load ins , quick changeovers etc I'd personally go berg hd