Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Dingwall Combustion
£650

Timweather

This Dingwall Combustion belonged to my son who died earlier this year and I am selling it on behalf of his wife. I know nothing about basses generally or this one in particular, except that it has the serial number 00052, so I am unable to answer technical questions about it. Anyone seriously interested is welcome to come and see it at my house in Silverstone. Alternatively I would be willing to bring it to a potential buyer's house if within a reasonable distance. It comes with a Mooradian gig bag.
NB: The third-party selling rule has been waived due to my particular circumstances.

Edited by Timweather

[quote name='Timweather' timestamp='1471771852' post='3115664']
This Dingwall Combustion belonged to my son who died earlier this year and I am selling it on behalf of his wife.
[/quote]

I've very sorry to hear your news. That's not Ben is it, aka colgraff?

I'd just like to add that I owned this bass before Timweather's son and traded it with him for a Super J. As far as I am aware it is pretty much a stock V1 other than the pickups being wired for serial rather than parallel output, and also the pickups have had the B-booster magnets added to help balance string output and this has worked quite well. The neck has a lovely satin finish, and when we traded it was in pretty good condition other than a few dinks.

[quote name='gioby1' timestamp='1472377861' post='3120615']
I'm very sorry for your loss.

Can you post a picture about the back of headstock for reading where the bass was made?
Many thanks.
[/quote]

These basses are made in China and checked/set-up at Dingwall in Canada. They are exceptional value for money.

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1472382716' post='3120656']
These basses are made in China and checked/set-up at Dingwall in Canada. They are exceptional value for money.
[/quote]

Yes, I know Combustion models are made in China but due to his serial number I thought this bass could be made in Canada...
Impossibile??

[quote name='Timweather' timestamp='1472148982' post='3118920']
For those interested, I can confirm that this instrument belonged to Colgraff/Ben and he died in late April, which is why there have been no postsfrom him since then.
[/quote] I did not know he had passed on I am really sorry for you loss

[quote name='BM617' timestamp='1472545354' post='3121906']
Still for sale? And does it come with a case of any sort?
[/quote]

Original ad says a Mooradian gigbag. If it helps the sale, I am happy to contribute a hardcase in exchange for the Mooradian... but it looks like this may be reserved anyway

Edited by therealting

[quote name='gioby1' timestamp='1472390565' post='3120736']
Yes, I know Combustion models are made in China but due to his serial number I thought this bass could be made in Canada...
Impossibile??
[/quote]

It will have been made in China, and set up in Canada :)