Why become a member? ×

TRADED: 1989 Music Man Stingray Trans Red/Birdseye Maple- £950
£950

Old Horse Murphy

For sale/trade is a gorgeous 1989 Music Man Stingray in Trans red with the most stunning lacquered Birdseye Maple neck. It is (I believe) Alder which was used on Trans finishes at the time and weighs in at 8.75 lbs. it sounds wonderful and has the original electronics.

The pickguard is a new one but genuine Music Man and it is currently strung with TI flats. The action is very low and it plays wonderfully. Condition is very good for the age, but there are a few scuffs and marks. I've done my best to picture them.

My days of active basses have passed so I'm looking for a sale at £950 plus postage (there is no case unfortunately but it will be well packed).

I'm also very interested in trades and will add a superb Fender Flea Signature Jazz for the right trade. It comes complete with gigbag, all the paperwork and tools and has had an original Badass II installed instead of the BBOT, along with a set of new strings. This is the best Jazz I've played and weighs in at just over 8lbs. Total trade value for both basses is £1,700.

Trades-wise I'm looking for a Mike Lull 4 string passive of some description (preferably a P bass or a MV4), a Lakland US Bob Glaub, or a Fender Custom Shop P Bass (possibly a 51 reissue or similar)

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

[quote name='Ashborygirl' timestamp='1471792896' post='3115904']
These are my favorite 'rays; mutes, four bolt & birdseye - so tempting.
[/quote]

Look in to my eyes....

[URL=http://s945.photobucket.com/user/nwmurphy/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_75.jpeg.html][IMG]http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad298/nwmurphy/Mobile%20Uploads/image_75.jpeg[/IMG][/URL]