Why become a member? ×

Trouble with Gotoh battery box BB-02 on Ibanez bass

Grangur

Hi All,

I've recently treated myself to an Ibanez bass to do up as a project. It's all stripped and done and now I'm putting it back together.

The Gotoh battery box never really worked like a "well oiled machine" when I started, but now I can't seem to close it like it should. I'm aware there is a right-way round to put the battery in. Yet both ways round it seems a pain.

Has anyone else had this problem?
Are these usually troublesome?

Should I buy a new one? They cost about £10. So it's no great shakes, but if there's something I'm doing wrong....

On the other hand, am I better off just getting a cover and a battery terminal clip?

[quote name='A.G.E.N.T.E.' timestamp='1472002721' post='3117628']
It happened to me once and then i tried a diferent batery brand.problem solved. Not all brands have the exactly same size.
[/quote]

Yes, many thanks. I've come to find that this box doesn't go well with Duracell.

I also found the springs of that one didn't make good contact with the terminals, So I bought a new replacement box. The same model though.

Where are you getting new battery boxes from, please? I wanted one for the SR500 I sold in the spring, and was told that an Ibby battery box would be £20+ and about three months wait... (Last time I checked, the buyer hadn't been able to find one either, so I'm still looking.)

Edit: I should read the thread title. Sorry.

Edited by alyctes

[quote name='alyctes' timestamp='1472390319' post='3120732']
Where are you getting new battery boxes from, please? I wanted one for the SR500 I sold in the spring, and was told that an Ibby battery box would be £20+ and about three months wait... (Last time I checked, the buyer hadn't been able to find one either, so I'm still looking.)

Edit: I should read the thread title. Sorry.
[/quote]

CD Guitars sell them for £7.99

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281709355301?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=580719061514&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1472395096' post='3120770']
CD Guitars sell them for £7.99

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281709355301?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=580719061514&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT"]http://www.ebay.co.u...K%3AMEBIDX%3AIT[/url]
[/quote]