Why become a member? ×

EBS Reidmar 750

M@23

Any of these out in the wild yet?

I'm looking for an amp in similar fashion to my Tecamp Puma 900, i.e loud, clean and clear. If all else fails, i'll go for an EICH. But, I remember the EBS 250 getting good reviews and it's vey well priced.

I've had one a few months now , very impressive , especially for the money . It's the ice 700watt power amp , the original press release was a bit confusing .
Great review on YouTube .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHG4kdocxqY

Edited by k50

[quote name='M@23' timestamp='1471870066' post='3116514']
Any of these out in the wild yet?

I'm looking for an amp in similar fashion to my Tecamp Puma 900, i.e loud, clean and clear. If all else fails, i'll go for an EICH. But, I remember the EBS 250 getting good reviews and it's vey well priced.
[/quote]

I haven't heard the Puma 900 so can't comment on the comparison.

I've had the Reidmar 750 for a few months. The price was very keen, the obvious money saving is on the rather cheap folded sheetmetal casing. Still, it works well enough but looks cheap compared to machined aluminium casings on some competitors amps. You do pay for that nice look though.

The 750 is very clean, super-loud but it's nice to have headroom, great EQ with sweepable mids. The drive knob warms things up nicely. It's subtle though and not too extreme. The features are everything you'd expect or need. Excellent. A mute button would be nice though.

Apart from the cheap casing everything seems well made. The knobs feel like decent quality and everything works well.

I like it a lot and intend to keep it for a long time.

I hope this helps but if you've any questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

Frank.

I have the 250 as a back up amp. I used it for all gigging whilst I was waiting for a HD350 replacement and its very plug and play.Good no nonsence does what it says on the tin. Considering how good the 250 is, and if you like the EBS sound,you simply cant go wrong with the 750. Seeing as its same amp but a few extra features and louder whats not to like?

It is f***ing loud though (750). Not sure personally I need that kind of volume these days but if this is what you need that's what you're gonna get.

Any one experienced any cab damage using this to dominate all in your presence?

Thanks for the feedback all. They do look good, I like EBS pedals too, so I'm sure the compressor drive are useable too. I like having a bit of headroom, so the loudness thing is great even if not required. Bit more research to do but I think it's what I'm after!