Why become a member? ×

Sold Ernie Ball MusicMan 20th Anniversary Stingray 4 Sold
£1300

bumnote

My band is retiring at the end of the year and I am not going to be playing much any more..

I have a number of basses that reluctantly will be for sale, and sorry im not really interested in trades,

Ernie Ball Ltd Edition music man 20th anniversary stingray SNo 189 Maple neck. Flame maple neck and quilted maple top. In my view the prettiest of the anniversary models, although I would say that wouldnt I.

Bought new by me, there are two very small blemishes on the back ,and a small dent by the jack plug socket. It shows up in the flash photo, but really you can feel it not see it. Otherwise in very good condition.

The tuners are nickel and show some signs of ageing.

Comes with a brand new still tagged Hiscox case

Would prefer to meet up or deliver rather than courier to prevent damage, and make sure the buyer is happy.

[b]From The Musicman site:[/b]
Total of 1246 Anniversary Basses made. With regards to the necks, 713 were Maple, 477 Rosewood, 21 lined fretless, and 35 unlined fretless. No records kept concerning the type of wood used for veneer…flame v quilt Maple. (Per EB). This model introduced the down-sized bridge on Sting Ray Basses. (Per EB). Ash body with various figured Maple tops. Serial located on bridge. Tort PGs glued to body only. Solid bridge saddles. Capstan wheel truss adjustment. 3 Band EQ only. No control plate. Rear mounted electronics. Old style neck plate logo (recessed).

Edited by bumnote

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It weighs just under 9 lbs on my scales.

Unfortunately this, as do all the other basses I have ever known, does occasionally produce a note that is not how the composer intended. Usually accompanied with with a smug smile from the other side of the stage. I have tried new strings, amps, straps, and the only thing that seems to help is if I practise, and avoid letching, I mean looking at some of the members of the audience. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...