Why become a member? ×

SOLD *EMG JAX Jazz pickups & solderless pots
£100

£100 inc uk shipping (insured) [color=#ff0000]*[/color][b][color=#ff0000]NOW SOLD*[/color][/b]

I managed to source these (4 string) pickups from the US a while ago but have since sold the bass they were in (with the original pickups).
I'd had some original EMG jazz pickups back in the 80's and loved them (sound engineers loved them too) but I wanted a more vintage sound so after much research I bought these alnico versions and they sound great. They come with solderless pots and EMG's active tone control (sounds like a really good passive tone control). They have a very even sound across the strings. Very good condition if you discount the box!

I've shown the pots attached to a control plate but this was just for demonstration purposes and is [b]not included[/b]. All instructions are in the box. Battery required of course.

[url="http://s139.photobucket.com/user/optical_I/media/0857fbcc-93fb-4990-97d8-dea7bfaf22e7.jpg.html"][/url]

Here's EMG's blurb about them.

[i][color=#0000ff]The JAX Set is based off EMG's original J, but uses radiused Alnico V magnets instead of ceramic and our X Series preamp. This creates a tone that is warm and open for a more vintage sound with a broad frequency range and added dynamic response and feel. The JAX provides bass players with natural presence, powerful lows, and expansive midrange. With our X Series preamp on-board, this pickups set truly bridges the gap between passive and active tone - giving players the best of both worlds. Whether you play fretted or fretless you'll get an incredibly full sound with these bass pickups.[/color][/i]

There are some great reviews out there for these and a video by Bobby Vega.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glU5av7Bups[/media]

Edited by Opticaleye

• 2 weeks later...