Why become a member? ×

NSD - Skin-Job Ergonomic Bass Strap

discreet

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]NSD - Skin-Job Ergonomic Bass Strap[/b][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/243139-karls-ergonomic-leather-bass-strap/"][u]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/243139-karls-ergonomic-leather-bass-strap/[/u][/url][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Having tried a LOT of bass straps over the years - with varying degrees of success - I thought it was about time I went for THE optimum bass strap, something that would look good yet be efficient, durable and most importantly, comfortable in use. So after a flurry of emails between Basschat's own Karl Derrick and myself, one of his ergonomic leather hand-crafted Skin-Job straps arrived via Special Delivery in a surprisingly short time.[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]First impressions: Very good - as I had been expecting. Soft, supple yet very strong. It's got that new-strap smell! The overall quality of manufacture is exemplary. You only have to compare Karl's stitching with that of my Minotaur strap to get the idea (see pic). This is top-quality leather, folks.[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]In use, the strap is 'ergonomic' because unlike every other strap, it is asymmetric; which means it is designed to be left or right-handed. Each strap is custom made and follows the contours of your back and shoulder to provide a strong yet very comfortable and unobtrusive support for your bass - this is what it's all about - if your strap is letting you know it's there, then it's not working.[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]As each strap is made exclusively to your own measurements you can be sure of optimum comfort and the suede lining prevents any slippage. I specified 10mm holes for straplocks as opposed to a 'pippin' slot and hole, this to obviate any possible wear from the strap buttons. I've used the Loxx system before and rate it highly. So now I'm done - no more strap GAS. And I'm quite sure this one will outlive me by decades.[/font][/size]

[url="https://youtu.be/K1Fw_fpkRjs"]https://youtu.be/K1Fw_fpkRjs[/url]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Some people will find it hard to get excited by an apparently mundane accessory such as a strap - and if you want heavy metal chrome studs, country conchos, semi-precious stones or fine tooling work depicting eagles, skulls or Celtic knots, then look elsewhere - but if you're one of those bass players who takes their comfort and health seriously, want the best possible strap for lengthy live sets and appreciate a simple yet tasteful design that does the job way better than most, then this is for you.[/font][/size]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]A few pics to be going on with; I'll post some pics of the strap in use on a bass later - I'm waiting for the 'model' to become available (young master discreet). ;)[/font]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][u][email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email][/u][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][u][/u][/font][/size]

Edited by discreet

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1471967812' post='3117323']
I think they look great and are obviously quality but I think Mrs T would remove my love spuds with a blunt knife if I spent a ton + on a strap even though it is worth it by the looks of yours Mark glad you like it fella :)
[/quote]

Thanks Paul. I know what you mean, but as usual you get what you pay for. And I took the precaution of not telling the current mrs discreet about it - a brown strap is a brown strap as far as she's concerned and I have several... ;)

Edited by discreet