Why become a member? ×

strings home

project_c

Anyone have any experience with Strings Home? Never heard of them before but they have some of the lowest prices on their site at the moment, I just ordered a load of XL Tapewounds, hopefully they'll be ok. (no affiliation whatsoever)

Edited by project_c

Well, turns out they only had 1 pack of my strings in stock, so they've offered to refund the whole thing, or send one pack now and the rest in a month's time (I ordered 4). I'm giving them the benefit of doubt and going with the second option, fingers crossed I'm not going to get shafted.

(I paid with Paypal so I should be ok in case any shafting occurs).

[quote name='project_c' timestamp='1472055652' post='3118079']
Well, turns out they only had 1 pack of my strings in stock, so they've offered to refund the whole thing, or send one pack now and the rest in a month's time (I ordered 4). I'm giving them the benefit of doubt and going with the second option, fingers crossed I'm not going to get shafted.

(I paid with Paypal so I should be ok in case any shafting occurs).
[/quote]

Hmmm. Same thing happened to me; I ordered a 2 sets at the weekend, then had an email saying they were out of stock and offering either a refund or to post them on Friday. Not the best start...

[quote name='DiceSociety' timestamp='1472058275' post='3118115']
Hmmm. Same thing happened to me; I ordered a 2 sets at the weekend, then had an email saying they were out of stock and offering either a refund or to post them on Friday. Not the best start...
[/quote]

Perhaps it's because they're a new company, they may not have too much in stock yet. Let us know how you get on with your order, hopefully it'll be ok. It's a little bit dishonest to not mark items as 'out of stock' on their site, and take orders on stuff that they don't have but let's see how it goes, maybe it's just early days.

[quote name='project_c' timestamp='1472065786' post='3118208']
Perhaps it's because they're a new company, they may not have too much in stock yet. Let us know how you get on with your order, hopefully it'll be ok. It's a little bit dishonest to not mark items as 'out of stock' on their site, and take orders on stuff that they don't have but let's see how it goes, maybe it's just early days.
[/quote]

Mine have just been delivered. All looks ok, but haven't had time to put the on my bass yet.

So they took just over two weeks, which is fine if you're not in a hurry for them.

• 4 weeks later...

word of warning to any others ordering from this company - I have not received the rest of my order and they are not responding to my emails, so I'm beginning to wonder if this is a scam. If I have no response from them by tomorrow I'm filing a paypal claim, in the meantime beware!

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1475510168' post='3146499']
Tried their Facebook and Twitter accounts? Seems a bit odd (if it were a scam) to partially fulfil the order...?
[/quote]

Yes it is a bit odd, looking into it. I might edit the thread title in the meantime, don't want to bad mouth them unnecessarily.