Why become a member? ×

Innovation Honey and Braided

JazzCat13!

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I've decided that I want to try out either the Innovation Honey or Braided's on my Shen Hybrid, as I've been craving a gut-like tone ever since I played my teachers bass with guts, but still have the ability to bow. I just don't know which of the two sets would best fit my needs. Most of what I play can be called "modern jazz". I also play a fair amount of free improvisation, straight ahead jazz, chamber, acoustic pop/singer songwriter, and world music. One of my favorite bass tones is Charlie Haden's. Any help on what would be the best fit for my musical needs would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! [/font][/color]

I've used both and definitely prefer the braided. They have less tension than the honeys (on my bass) and feel more responsive under the right hand.
To me (on my bass etc, etc) they are closer in sound and feel to super silvers but with a tighter sounding A and E.
They were my bestest favouritest string until I switched to a magnetic pickup and had to switch to steel strings.

[quote name='JazzCat13!' timestamp='1472334662' post='3120474']
So I got the set of the Braided's today. I have a Realist Lifeline installed on my bass, so I was wondering if it is safe to attach the input jack to the G string or is there a better method to use?
[/quote]

I think the strings are wrapped and have silk so I would have thought it's fine.

Just spotted this thread. I was about to advertise that I have a set of used innovation Honeys.
They were on my last bass, which I restrung with silver slaps. I kept the honeys, in case I wanted to try them in future
However, I'm now using spirocore weichs. Sorry I didn't spot this earlier. You couldve bought the honeys from me lol