Why become a member? ×

Recommended some castors

Basszilla

Fellow bass brethren.

I've got a Matamp 610 cab that weighs as much as the death star, and I've accidentally ripped two of its feet off.

I need to stick some heavy duty castors on it which will take the weight and enable me to manoeuvre. It's extremely heavy but also extremely lovely sounding.

Can anyone recommend some decent rubber castors to do the job? Ideally with not too large a diameter.

Anyone done this mod to a cab and found the sound changes with it up on wheels?

Cheers

Tim

These 100mm diameter ones are great, I`ve used them on many a cab, and at £15 well worth it:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-100mm-Rubber-Swivel-Caster-Wheels-Castors-Tyres-Trolley-Heavy-Duty-2-w-Brake-/281963387197?hash=item41a653d93d:g:r6AAAOSwsN9XCMIr

If you want smaller you can get them from 50mm, then 75mm, just do a search on ebay.

I was going to suggest blue wheels too... but if you are concerned about altering the tone, why don't you buy (or make) a wheel board (probably with blue wheels on too!) and use a ratchet strap to attach it to the cab whilst in transit and then you can remove said board once in place?

Won't mean any mods to your cab which could impact future resale too?

• 2 months later...