Why become a member? ×

Another NPD! Way huge Fat Sandwich!

0175westwood29

So im having quiet the splurge atm! grabbed one of these and actually didnt realise they had started doing them in black! cant wait to try it tomorrow at practice!

[URL=http://s245.photobucket.com/user/0175westwood29/media/13879443_10157420214535565_5168123422968009825_n.jpg.html][IMG]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg72/0175westwood29/13879443_10157420214535565_5168123422968009825_n.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='danbowskill' timestamp='1472460982' post='3121187']
Nice to know,i always take the "loss of lows" with a pinch of salt because of style/playing variables .it was from JohnK on talkbass ( pedal builder fanatic)
[/quote]

Yeh also I have to take into account my rig aswell being ashdown it does have more lows than some

[quote name='Guinness21' timestamp='1473081270' post='3126667']
This was specifically designed for guitar wasn't it? The distortion sounds awesome, the low end loss would be too much for me though.
[/quote]

Not sure tbh, sounds great in a mix, my band are doing lifer by down as a cover and it really fits in well, with the all the eq ie hi cut, lo and hi you actually have alot of low end (atleast thru my 810) and with the hi cranked to about 3 o clock you have the bite.

Andy

Fair enough, only reason I said it was because I saw a guy said this on talkbass:

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]"When i used to work at GC, Jeorge Tripps stopped in to check up on the Way Huge stock. he told me that, with the exception of the Fat Sandwich, they all sound great on bass, because they don't cut out any frequencies. the Fat Sandwich was designed specifically for guitar. which isn't to say it can't sound good on bass... you just won't get any low end info coming through."[/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Seems like your experiences find otherwise though[/font][/color]

[quote name='Guinness21' timestamp='1473110882' post='3127088']
Fair enough, only reason I said it was because I saw a guy said this on talkbass:

[color=#141414]"When i used to work at GC, Jeorge Tripps stopped in to check up on the Way Huge stock. he told me that, with the exception of the Fat Sandwich, they all sound great on bass, because they don't cut out any frequencies. the Fat Sandwich was designed specifically for guitar. which isn't to say it can't sound good on bass... you just won't get any low end info coming through."[/color]

[color=#141414]Seems like your experiences find otherwise though[/color]
[/quote]

theres a bit of low end loss but not to the level of theres none. again tho its totally rig depended, if i was playing a smaller rig i might agree to the massive low end cut.

andy