Why become a member? ×

Kinal MK5 PLEASE CLOSE - TRADED
£1300

Jerrylejer

Sell value 1100£
Trade value 1300£ for Headless 5/6, Ibanez 6 or what you've in mind !

Description of the previous, previous, previous owner �� :
MK-5 (M72)
Gorgeous Mike Kinal (Canada) bass for sale. It's a five string with a beautiful quilt maple top in an amber stain. Matching head stock (quilt/amber) with a very nice birds-eye maple cap to the rear. Alder body with a lovely quilt-maple top. [b]Ebony fingerboard[/b] on maple + five-piece neck with graphite reinforcement. [b]2 Aero jazz pickups with Bartolini preamp[/b], 3EQ and 3-way midrange selector switch. The scale length is [b]35"[/b] (for a better 'B'), with a 1 and 11/16" nut. String spacing is 9mm at the nut and 17mm at the bridge. Weight is [b]8 & 3/4 lbs :LIGHT !!!![/b]
Good condition - the only significant 'dings' (which has no effect on playing, and is hard to see) is a small (0.5cm) one to the side (only) of the ebony board, between frets 1 and 2 (below the G-string) and near the jack input. This is one of the best constructed, 'all-purpose' basses I've ever played. Slaps well, is punchy for rock and can also produce more mellow jazzy tones.

BETTER PICTURES HERE :

https://www.zikinf.com/annonces/dispannonce.php?annonce=1327254#&gid=1&pid=1

Edited by Jerrylejer

This MK5 comes with Aero pickups and a 3 bands Bartolini preamp, this is a great electronic. Wide range of sounds. Tuners would need to be changed as they are a little bit hard to turn (it fully works, just a question of comfort). Except this particular point, this is a great great bass with a lot of Jazz flavour sounds (the ones that I love) But it is very versatile and can be played in many music styles !

Edited by Jerrylejer

As my trade option seems to go the wrong way, some extras pics from a previous owner. Trades are welcomed (5/6 strings only).

Cover plate has been signed by Fab bassists as R.Smith, Adam Nitti ... Topic can be found here in BC. try a look.

Edited by Jerrylejer

This is truly a fabulous bass. I just let it go because I touched a Zon Legacy Elite one month ago .... I really love its fat sounds ... The Kinal is more capable to play everywhere you need (Jazz, soul, rock,...) where the Zon is more focused ... But I DO LOVE IT'S SOUNDS ! Open to trades with 5/6 strings acoustics, semi acoustics, or anythings else, feel free to propose !

Edited by Jerrylejer

[quote name='Jerrylejer' timestamp='1474302240' post='3136954']
Hi Bigwan. I just don't know if it was in Ireland some days but it used to belong to Rayman, Elsharko and Eubassix. Thanks for posting !
[/quote]

Yup that's the one. I played it while it was owned by Elsharko. Nice bass!

[quote name='Rayman' timestamp='1477411929' post='3162065']
My old bass...... I miss it terribly, the one that got away... twice :-(

It was me that got all the signatures.
[/quote]

So It's time to keep it now Rayman ! ... You're the second old owner who demonstrate some kind of nostalgic feeling ....