Why become a member? ×

Midi Controller for Zoom MS60B

Callumjord

Hi Folks,

I am wondering if anybody has set up the Zoom MS60B to be used by an external Midi controller?

I love my Zoom to death but I hate having to bend down at gigs all the time to change presets.

All I really want to have is an external controller that I could use to scroll up and down different patches and also maybe scroll through the signal chain to turn on/off different effects in the patch.

Thanks

I use this: [url="http://www.kentonuk.com/products/items/utilities/usb-host.shtml"]http://www.kentonuk..../usb-host.shtml[/url] Connected to a normal MIDI Foot Controller (Mine is a Roland FC-50)

It will do patch changes and a few other bits n' bobs but it's only really the patch changes I wanted. By 'do' I mean convert the MIDI messages from the FC-50 in to USB-MIDI that the MS can handle. It won't do everything I understand, but for the money it does enough. Also means that my TC G-System can also control the MS as part of it's own patch changes - not that I've tried it yet!

Edited by dood

[quote name='Callumjord' timestamp='1472669968' post='3123171']
Ah right, does it require any setting up after you have connected them or does it automatically detect each other? I'm thinking about hooking mine up to a tech 21 midi mouse. Something small and simple.
[/quote]

Mine auto detected. The only setting up you'll have to do is to arrange your patches so that they are easy to get to. My controller gives me access to ten patches across 5 buttons at a time. I would arrange the patches so that 1-5 made some sort of sense in performance. Often I do 1=dry 2=driven 3=slap clean 4=comp octave 5=clean solo/special FX etc etc So if I go up a bank on the controller I will have a similar arrangement of different sounds across the same buttons.

• 2 months later...

Was playing around a little bit more and found that when you are on the patch list you can setup a number different patches A,B & C etc and jump between the lot. This came in really handy at a gig last night and was able to jump from a simple compressor patch through to an octave/envelope filter patch all with the power of my foot, no bending over