Why become a member? ×

the best bass fuzz in the underverse

Ou7shined

Ok so you've been chatting with a custom effect pedal builder and he's offered to build you a signature bass fuzz. What features would you consider mandatory, what would be on your wish list and what beneficial unique feature would you like on it?

I'm thiking dual outputs, a buffered blend for the wet signal and a pad switch for hot pups.

Edited by Ou7shined

<p>[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1472721208' post='3123585']
I'm not sure, not being much of a pedal user but hi, haven't seen you about for a while :) Hope you are well.
[/quote]
Tbh bud had a rough few years there healthwise and a bit of a divorce thrown in for good measure but things have been good for a bit now. Cheers and back atcha. ;)

Some real food for thought here.... and we're all good with a blend it would seem. :)

So far (hypothetically of course) we are wanting to stay away from clones but I have to say that Truly Beautiful Disaster is right up my hypothetical effects builders street. We've been collab'ing on modding a discontinued pedal of his (that's how this all got started) but we are actually doing away with it's self-oscillating loop and concentraiting more on a doomy fuzz in this new one. ... however I really like the idea of a built in LFO. :D

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1472756651' post='3124007']
Some real food for thought here.... and we're all good with a blend it would seem. :)

So far (hypothetically of course) we are wanting to stay away from clones but I have to say that Truly Beautiful Disaster is right up my hypothetical effects builders street. We've been collab'ing on modding a discontinued pedal of his (that's how this all got started) but we are actually doing away with it's self-oscillating loop and concentraiting more on a doomy fuzz in this new one. ... however I really like the idea of a built in LFO. :D
[/quote]

Hah, reading it back, I actually meant LPF!
But what the hell go nuts :D

Edited by Roland Rock

I've actually got into using blends to just blend two dirty signals together.

However for ultimate custom fuzz......Id actually make sure the fuzz has a lot of lows so, but also if needed a mids control. Similar to a Fuzzrocious grey stache.

Then I'd actually add in an octave up similar to the eqd tentacle dirty and on a blend so j can have s little or a lot and it's on top of the original signal.

Also I'd throw a controllable gate on there aswell!

Andy

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1472756651' post='3124007']So far (hypothetically of course) we are wanting to stay away from clones but I have to say that Truly Beautiful Disaster is right up my hypothetical effects builders street. We've been collab'ing on modding a discontinued pedal of his (that's how this all got started) but we are actually doing away with it's self-oscillating loop and concentraiting more on a doomy fuzz in this new one. ... however I really like the idea of a built in LFO. :D
[/quote]

You're making the right choice friend.