Why become a member? ×

New Boyo South Wales

Garth

Hi all

Thought I'd introduce myself. Names Garth, 31 from the valleys in South Wales.

I've been playing bass properly for about 2 years.

I have developed an addiction for all things 4 string. I currently own a Flea Bass Model 32, Squier VM 70s PBass, x2 Refinished Squire PBasses, Squire Mike Dirnt PBass and soon a Squier Matt Freeman PBass (waiting on delivery).

I run these through an Ampeg BA115HP.

My idols/influences are Flea, Jean Jacques Burnel, Simon Gallup, Peter Hook, Klause Fluoride and Paul Simonon.

I've just joined a few old punks in a band for a private gig in March, it'll be my first time performing to an audience. Nervous is an understatement.

Looking forward to learning from here.

Cheers

Hiya Garth,
Some great influences there. JJ Burnel, and his sound was one of my reasons for taking up bass, along with South Wales based Paul Grey (top bloke he is too).

Good basses you have there too matey! Enjoy your 1st gig with the old punks. My 1st gig was in a punk band - we supported "Demented are go". Although I gave up playing for years, I'm so glad I started again. I play in the valleys a lot these days. And you know what? Its great - valleys folks love their live music :)

Welcome to BC from another BC'er / old punk / & boyo :)
Hope to catch you playing, or see you at a local bass bash

Cheers
Marc

Edited by Marc S