Why become a member? ×

W2591 Wal Fretless Bass
£3250

SteveMcD

[font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]A few years ago I inherited a Wal Custom Fretless Mk1 bass from my good friend Dave Brecknell. Unfortunately the bass has never been put to use and the time has come to pass it onto someone who will do it justice. The sale will also allow me to pay for new instruments and guitar lessons for my kids.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]I had no idea about the value of this bass and have based the asking price on a quick look around various forums, but am willing to take advice.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]The masking tape that I guess had the details is missing but from the impressions left on the silver backing on the electronics cover I can make out the following.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]Brazilian Mahogany Core[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]African Padauk Faces[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]Indian Ebony Fretboard[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]There a couple of scratches on the body that can be seen in the photos.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]Any comments on this post gratefully accepted.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]The bass currently resides in Inverness.[/color][/size][/font]

Edited by SteveMcD

That's an interesting one (lovely too). From the serial number I'd say it dates from late 1983 (Mine is W2109 and was May '83). Odd though that it has the earlier headstock shape and "Custom Bass" text. One for Trevor R to have a look at. I suspect he'll be along shortly...

Good luck with the sale.

P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

He's trying to pay you a compliment about the instrument, he's not insulting you.

If you look at the fret board on the neck are here lines or not? That's the question they are asking. It won't affect the value, it's just that some basses have them others not.

Do you think you'll find yourself anywhere near Bristol in the near future?

[quote name='SteveMcD' timestamp='1479662247' post='3178239']
What do you mean "why is this still here"
[/quote]
Allow me to explain....I cannot understand why this bass was not snapped up weeks ago. Wal's tend to sell very quickly and yours is both unique and sublime.

Hope that clarifies.