Why become a member? ×

1980 Ibanez Roadster RS900 TV – price drop to £300 delivered
£350

SimonH

[color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]This is a 1980 Ibanez Roadster RS900 TV, recently set up, frets levelled and with new Warwick strings. Action is very low. No issues with the bass; neck is straight and clean, everything working, no pot noises, active p/u sounds like thunder but surprisingly versatile.[/font][/color]

[color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The bass in good shape for its age – no significant marks on the neck, a couple of chips through the lacquer on the bottom of the body, a chip in the bottom horn lacquer (you can’t see it or, obviously, feel it while playing) and various playing-related swirls etc.[/font][/color]

[color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It’s not a light instrument – I have no scales, but it’s substantial. The upside of this is aching tone and sustain for years.[/font][/color]

[color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]According to the serial the bass was made at the Terada Plant in September 1980 and is number 4358 (but someone told me it was, in fact, Fujigen).[/font][/color]

[color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The price is [s]£350[/s] [s]£320[/s] £300 delivered. [/font][/color][color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I have an period case for the old girl, but it's very tatty. Nevertheless, I will arrange a courier and box the bass up safely - and label it accordingly. Collection from Spalding in Lincs would be preferred, or I can arrange to meet in a triangle roughly between Grantham on the A1, Peterborough on the A1 south, and King’s Lynn in the east.

I also travel a fair bit and can get down the A1, around London and to Kent with a week's notice.[/font][/color]

[color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Not really into trades.[/font][/color]

[color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cheers, Simon H[/font][/color]

Edited by SimonH

Yes, afraid so. Probably. I'm not desperate to sell but I am incredibly short of time, so unless it's really easy (like collection or meeting up close to me) it's not possible. Sorry, just being realistic. Where are you? I travel a fair bit.

Edited by SimonH

• 11 months later...