Why become a member? ×

New Standard Cleveland or Duke Peacemaker

Eerosmith

The topic says it all.

I'm looking for a sturdy laminate bass with a punchy sound and these guys seem to be very good alternatives. I'm playing bass for a living, playing mostly pizzicato in different jazz settings. Gut is my string of choice :)

Anyone have any experience with these? Found an old thread here from a few years back but I'm wondering if anyone has any recent experience etc...

The Duke could be ordered from bassico.eu and would be around 3000€ whereas the Cleveland would have to be imported from the states... I calculated that it would be about 7000€ with all the shipping and taxes to Finland.

Thanks!

Thanks guys!

Jaywalker, it's actually the laminate version that I'm talking about... It's a lot for a laminate, I know, and it's a shame it's so pricy to Import the bass.

I need to get in touch with Thomas about the Peacemaker.

Or find someone selling a Cleveland in Europe...hmmm...

Edited by Eerosmith

• 1 month later...

I don't want to poke the bear....but....on the Duke website the only bass that is stated to be 100% made in Germany is the Composite:

(Below is Google's translation for the duke website - not mine: https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://duke-bass.jimdo.com/&prev=search)

[font=Palatino][size=4][b]Made in Germany:[/b] the Duke "Composite" and the Duke "GRP fingerboard" are 100% in Germany - crafted - made![/size][/font]

[font=Palatino][size=4]This statement isn't made for the Special or the Two Tone.[/size][/font]

[font=Palatino][size=4]Now, I couldn't give a rat's arse where the basses are made - they're still good basses, but it seems really unfair to jump on a post and threaten legal action for incorrect information, when the pertinent, correct information isn't actually made available on the manufacturer's website. [/size][/font]

[font=Palatino][size=4]If Duke are that touchy about where their basses are made, perhaps they could update their website with the relevant information. [/size][/font]