Why become a member? ×

My new wireless Guitar System from Xvive

MacDaddy

[url="http://www.jhs.co.uk/brands/xvive/xvive-wireless-guitar-system"]http://www.jhs.co.uk...s-guitar-system[/url]

Just seen this. The transmitter and receiver are the same!

The RRP is £119.99 but I've seen UK companies charging more.

Edited by MacDaddy

Why do they insist of making stuff that looks pants - stick that in a strat and it looks like a stupid toy. Don't like the idea of no batteries - getting to a gig with it flat and you can't use it... The ease of sticking batteries in it just seems more appealing?

Latency figures aren't great again though I see.

Edited by EBS_freak

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1473548167' post='3131193']

Latency figures aren't great again though I see.
[/quote]

Paul Guerin is using one in The Quireboys, I asked him what it was like as the latency figures aren't great, he said "[color=#000000][font=Roboto,]it's the bollix". [/font][/color]

[quote name='MacDaddy' timestamp='1474800719' post='3140559']
Paul Guerin is using one in The Quireboys, I asked him what it was like as the latency figures aren't great, he said "[color=#000000]it's the bollix". [/color]
[/quote]
"It's the bollix" compared to what? Does he run a line of digital processing, go through a digital desk - does he use inears?

Loads of things are the bollix but it depends upon application and experience of other products.

Bluguitar has a latency of less than 1ms apparently... so assuming he's not using any digital processing in line, then yeah, the latency he is experiencing is likely to be acceptable as the majority of it is going to be coming from the wireless.

Put him through a digital desk, external processing and inears and it'll be far from the bollix.

• 2 weeks later...

so I've had them since last week, and have mainly used them around the house. Being wireless without having to plug in the receiver is so convenient.
I play through a digital modelling amp (Peavey Vypyr VIP 3) and created some mightily f/x heavy sounds, and there is no noticeable latency.
I've A/B'd them with a lead (OBBM) and there is no noticeable loss of signal or volume.
I just used them straight away with the charge they had from the factory, and they finally died at band practice last night. Nothing slow or intermittent about it, one second was fine, the next they were off. Well the transmitter anyway.
Because of it's position under the guitar I could not see what if anything, happened to the power light.
I'm gonna charge them tonight for the first time, and take them to an audition I have tomorrow.

Initial verdict is I'm loving them, but I need to see what they are like at gig volume, and also I want to find out if the power light gives some kind of low power warning.

• 3 weeks later...

So, I've rehearsed with them using guitar and bass, and gigged using guitar.
I use them in the house for practice, both in to the amp, and in to the laptop - via a Line 6 GX.
The only issue, as stated earlier, is that due to the position of the transmitter on my guitars and bass, I can't see the power light to know when they are getting low.
But I just make sure they are charged before a gig, so no problem. They charge quite quick too, around 2 hours or so.

I'm loving them :)[size=4] [/size]

I just sent mine back.
Used at home when it arrived and I was too frequently getting the blueLED flickering which indicates dropping of the link between Tx and Rx
Not prepared to even try it out live.
As they were less than 30cm apart I was not pleased !

[quote name='mervg' timestamp='1477341812' post='3161627']
I just sent mine back.
Used at home when it arrived and I was too frequently getting the blueLED flickering which indicates dropping of the link between Tx and Rx
[/quote]

Were they both set to the same channel?

[quote name='mervg' timestamp='1477341812' post='3161627']
I just sent mine back.
[/quote]
Hmm, so that's not a great start!

Sometimes getting the transmitter and receiver too close is a bad thing - RF signal overload may be occurring and actually causing the problem!

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1477387607' post='3161832']
Hmm, so that's not a great start!

Sometimes getting the transmitter and receiver too close is a bad thing - RF signal overload may be occurring and actually causing the problem!
[/quote]

the flickering blue light, means the transmitter and receiver are not connected on the same channel. The number of flashes incate which channel each is set to. Once they are linked the flashes stop.
Mine only flicker when I switch on one of them, and it stops when I switch on the other.

I use mine sat right next to my computer (plugged into my Toneport), and have no overload issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Another XVIVE user here. Amazon again, though the price appears to have increased to £119

No problems at all - just switch on, set channel, and off we went. Latency ? Didnt hear any.

Brilliant idea. Just charge before any gig to be sure

• 5 months later...