Why become a member? ×

My new wireless Guitar System from Xvive

MacDaddy

[quote name='anzoid' timestamp='1492013720' post='3277213']
Just come across the Xvive wireless system. Anyone like to comment on how they hold up after a few months' use? Are people even still using them?
[/quote]

yup, still using mine, I've been using it with my basses, and a Telecaster guitar. All good. but...

I brought my Epiphone TS Les Paul and Gibson MM Flying V out of retirement, and it doesn't like them. At home and rehearsals it's fine, but at gig levels the sound breaks up. Not sure why this is, as it's only the amp that gets louder.
Xvive said to try the different channels. I will but I can't do it a home because I need to be playing at gig levels.

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1492089660' post='3277861']
Hmmmmm ... you might be better off trying a length of wire with a jack plug at each end.

Radical, I know, but it just might work.

:mellow:
[/quote]
:D - yeah, but then people trip over the cable when I'm walking around checking the PA levels, and they get a bit upset about that, plus it doesn't do the jack sockets on the amp and bass much good.

Having said that, I have been thinking about running a very thin wire between the receiver and transmitter as a back up though...

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1492461205' post='3280508']
so bearing this in mind would you buy this unit again or something else
[/quote]

If i just had basses, or didn't have guitars with humbuckers, definitely buy it again.

But as i don't, and do, nope

[quote name='MacDaddy' timestamp='1492515501' post='3280819']
If i just had basses, or didn't have guitars with humbuckers, definitely buy it again.

But as i don't, and do, nope ��
[/quote]

Useful to know.
Though I seem to have solved my original problem with my Line 6 G30 by using a slightly more powerful PSU... so not so much need to be looking elsewhere.

[quote name='MacDaddy' timestamp='1492084863' post='3277800']
yup, still using mine, I've been using it with my basses, and a Telecaster guitar. All good. but...

I brought my Epiphone TS Les Paul and Gibson MM Flying V out of retirement, and it doesn't like them. At home and rehearsals it's fine, but at gig levels the sound breaks up. Not sure why this is, as it's only the amp that gets louder.
[/quote]

Not so! I have the attenuation on my Audio Technica 3110 TX set to -6db when using it with hot guitar pickups such as the Seymour Duncan's fitted to my Patrick Eggle and the 498/490s fitted to my Gibson SG, but need it set to +6db when I use the same TX for my Limelight or Tokai Hardpuncher. The output from pickups will vary considerably. It's possible that those guitar pickups are at a level which is causing the break up.

Edited by DaytonaRik

• 1 month later...

[quote name='MacDaddy' timestamp='1495478787' post='3304087']
The folks at Xvive asked for a video of the U2 not working properly. Fortunately this very thing was available from a Junkyard Dogs gig.
I sent it to them, so watch this space.
[/quote]

Good that you managed to get it on video - things like this are usually impossible to capture! :P

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1495480773' post='3304109']

Good that you managed to get it on video - things like this are usually impossible to capture! :P
[/quote]
Over the years we've accumulated quite a blooper reel

• 2 months later...