Why become a member? ×

NPD - Rainger FX Dr Freakenstein's Dwarf Bitch

Roland Rock

Bit of a midnight impulse buy while researching gated fuzz pedals, it's not really voiced for bass, but not bad with an octave through it, and sounds very synthy when filtered through the Xero, especially with the Hot Hand or EP3, getting globs of wub wub.

My main aim is to run this and the Xero in parallel for huge clean low end and fuzz/oscillations on top.

There is a trim on the underside with which you can set how extreme things get, from normal gated fuzz on one end to pulsing oscillations on the other.

Excuse the bare feet - they are very clean!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ouHtB91zBbA

Edited by Roland Rock

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='sifi2112' timestamp='1474708967' post='3139950']
How good / sensitive is 'igor' ?
[/quote]

There is a firm side (less sensitive, better for standing up) and a soft side (more sensitive, better for sitting down)

You'll have trouble finding a pitch you like and sticking with it like you could with an expression pedal - you can stay in the ballpark though. You can definitely control whether you want your sweep to be slow/fast or high/low.

Hoe good is it? Still to be confirmed. It's taking a while to get my pedal board together but once it is finalised and gigged I'll have a better idea.
In theory I could sweep the Bitch with Igor and sweep the Xerograph with the Hot Hand simultaneously!

Edited by Roland Rock