Why become a member? ×

Blast Cult Channel Blaster 2 pickup/preamp system *SOLD *
£300

artisan

last & only price drop £200
collection prefered

The best piezo pickup/preamp setup for slap/rockabilly playing ?
yes it probably is.
I've has this on my bass for about 18 months now & it has been a wonderful bit of kit,so why am I selling it - because Im stupid & like messing about trying different things so this isn't getting used at the moment :)
It is in excellent condition & works perfectly.
The tail piece has a very nice preamp built into it giving you controls for - Bass (high pass filter)
Slap (controls the volume of the the fingerboard "clicky" pickup)
Mid (the amount of mid' you want in your sound)
there are also two mini toggle switches which allow you to adjust the actual frequency of the mid's (extremely useful this)
powered by a single 9volt battery,which lasts for ages,I have done loads of gigs & only changed the battery once.
once you have set your sound & amount o
f slap (you can of course turn the slap off if you wish) everything travels via standard instrument cable straight to your amp or front of house.
how does it sound ?
bloody awesome,nice deep bass with a nice well pronounced click (if you wish)
I have used it almost exclusively for slap playing but with the clicky off it gives a really nice pizz' tone too.
i have found it much better than Blast Cult's earlier channel blaster pedal system,plus everything you need is on the bass,just plug in & play.
turn up to a gig plug your bass straight into the P.A. & off you go,no pedals to mess about with,it's a very neat setup.
i have also included the bridge pickup tension screw,this is amazing for helping to kill feedback,also it allows you further tone adjustment as the tighter the screw the punchier your sound.
here' s link to the manufacturer's website [url="http://www.blastcult.com/store/p7/Channel_Blaster_II.html"]http://www.blastcult...Blaster_II.html[/url]
you are saving a considerable amount against buying from new once you figure in postage/import charges/v.a.t. & parcelforce's extra charges on top.

Edited by artisan

• 4 weeks later...