Why become a member? ×

La Bella Quarter Rounds

LayDownThaFunk

I've tried a few sets. Like most strings they work better on certain basses but they're more like a slightly muted round really.

I find GHS Boomers to have more "flat like" characteristics personally and not much different in feel to the quarter rounds. Still undeniably round wound though.

[quote name='Opticaleye' timestamp='1473672358' post='3132045']
I've tried a few sets. Like most strings they work better on certain basses but they're more like a slightly muted round really.

I find GHS Boomers to have more "flat like" characteristics personally and not much different in feel to the quarter rounds. Still undeniably round wound though.
[/quote]
Boomers to me just go dead then stay dead. They sound very much like a round still.

[quote name='LayDownThaFunk' timestamp='1473782360' post='3133085']
Boomers to me just go dead then stay dead. They sound very much like a round still.
[/quote]

My body chemistry means that strings last a long while :) . I've tried just about every pressure wound and half/ground wound available and while I like a few none sound like flats IMO.
I find Boomers have a "thump" similar to flatwounds even when new. I tried them after reading that Bob Babbit said they were his favourite round for that reason. I also have a set of the newer Roundcore Boomers which I like too. As I said in the earlier post they still sound like roundwounds though.