Why become a member? ×

Fender Rumble flashing lights. no output

KevB

Not used my Fender rumble 100 for a couple of weeks. Just turned it on and no output and the little red lights for power on and the drive on at the other end are constantly blinking. They carry on doing it for a while even after disconnecting the mains power which is a bit weird. I assume it has a fault, I have the receipt and its only a few months since I bought it so either repair or replacement under warranty should not be an issue, just wondered if any other current rumble owners (think this is version 3?) have seen this.

[quote name='6feet7' timestamp='1473715004' post='3132577']
My Rumble 500 lasted less than 5 minutes after unpacking it before it stopped working. I took it straight back to GAK for a full refund. Wouldn't touch one again with a bargepole.
[/quote]
Think that could happen with any kind/quality of gear if you're unlucky.
My version 3 has been solid now for over 2 years and is used a couple of times a week for practice and gigs. (Fingers crossed it keeps going) Something over 500 hours of use.

Edited by Highfox

I only used it for one gig as an experiment and it really wasn't loud enough (it's the 100W version) so it's now my practice combo which is actually all I intended it for at purchase. No mutes or or fx loops involved, just plug in my bass and play. Except not at the moment :unsure: I've taken my old Marshall B25 out of 'shed retirement' for the interim. Got all the paperwork, will take it back to retailer at the weekend.

Edited by KevB

• 2 weeks later...

Worth bearing in mind - if something electrical goes phut soon after purchase, under the Sale of Goods act you are entitled to a full refund or a replacement item - which, at your option can be an 'upgrade' at no extra cost if the retailer is unable to get you the same model in a reasonable timespan - happened to me with a washing machine once - bought a 'second' which went wrong - got a brand new one (£200 dearer) for no more money - result...........if you accept an offer of a repair you have little in the way of rights left........

:)

Fender have sent an identical model as replacement as far as I'm aware, though in fact the shop say they already had one ready to go anyway but presumably needed the nod from Fender to hand one over. I'll make sure I get a new receipt for the replacement so my warranty starts now. I'll only be using it for home practice or maybe some fairly quiet jam, the 100W model really isn't up to full on rock gigging IMHO, if I needed a gigging backup I'd probably shell out for the 500. Pick it up at the weekend hopefully.
Edit, just realised the place I bought it from is close to the new PMT opening in Nottm so I could call in there on Sat for a quick look first before picking up the replacement amp.

Edited by KevB

Guest bassman7755

[quote name='Highfox' timestamp='1473768201' post='3132909']
Think that could happen with any kind/quality of gear if you're unlucky.
My version 3 has been solid now for over 2 years and is used a couple of times a week for practice and gigs. (Fingers crossed it keeps going) Something over 500 hours of use.
[/quote]

The "bath tub" curve in operation - if something is going to fail its most likely going to happen either at the beginning or end of its designed lifespan. One of the reasons that buying used gear is generally a pretty safe bet.

Well to round things off it has been replaced by Fender and they have given no information on what the fault was. I had to nudge the people on the shop that I really should be given a new receipt and my new warranty to start now (as it is a replacement not a repair) but they sorted it. It's just going to be a glorified practice amp so hopefully will last some time.