Why become a member? ×

Here we Go

SpcMnk

[font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]My first post on Bass Chat!! [/size][/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]I’ve been reading for years but it never got to the point to post.. let’s start now[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2] [/size][/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]A quick intro.. 40 years young, living in the southern part of the Netherlands and playing for about 25 years bass in a variation of different bands. Primarily in the alternative pop corner of the spectrum. All original work. Recorded some records and had a lot of fun with gigs. There was a period of 8 year in which I played in a 60's/70's blues cover band which was great fun as well. On average a gig a week is a nice thing.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]Nowadays I'm taking it fairly slow. Just one project at a time is more than enough for my agenda (kids, wife, work..). The group I'm in consists out of 4 dancers and 6 musicians. every other year we create a modern piece with which we tour the theaters. The music goes from jazz to rock to techo to funk to stoner to ethnic.. and more. Real good fun to write music based on dance motions.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]Gear… well.. I guess I’m somewhat of a gear head. [/size][/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]Amp: After trying a lot of different stuff (Peavey, Ampeg, Epifani, Bag End), I settled for light weight Aguilar. TH500 and SL112’s. Sounds perfect and is easy to move around.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]Effects: well.. in the past years more than 200 have crossed my pedal board. At this moment I’m trying to do it with what I have.. favorite brands: 3Leaf Audio, EQD, EHX, Pigtronix.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]Basses: I’ve had a lot.. at this moment my main 4 string axe is a Pedulla MVP. Main 5 string axe is s Fender US Dimension Deluxe. Next to those I have an additional Pedulla MVP, a Stingray and a Fender Presicion PJ with Lane Poor pups. And some budget basses, just for fun.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]Looking forward to participate in this nice community![/size][/font]

ps. some quick pictures

Small setup (crappy phoen pic):

Thanks guys!
Those old Schaller bridges are something special indeed. I like them a lot!
The Pedulla above is from late 1987.. Build in the period that jaco died.. it gives it that little something special, in my mind... I've bought it from its first owner who had it in its case underneath his bed for 20 years.

The other Pedulla I have I also bought from it's original owner. It's an 1994 Soap bar 2eq model. It has some wear and tear but is in onveral very good condition. I was thinking about selling it in order to buy something else but plugged it in today and fell in love again.. every pedulla is different, but every pedulla is great.. So, still contemplating a potential sale.. For now, I'm having some great fun with it!

• 2 weeks later...