Why become a member? ×

Advice For My Sandberg

Perry

[quote name='walbassist' timestamp='1473931035' post='3134192']
I'd contact Sandberg direct. They are very good on customer service.

Delano pickups have been standard in the Sandberg range for a long time, so no reason to assume they are a retro-fit.
[/quote]

The standard pickups are now Sandberg's own - no longer Delano's. I haven't heard them so I have no idea if they are as good/better/worse than the mighty Delano offerings.

TM's and TT's are generally Delano. VM's are Sandbergs own (or have been for a while) I have an early VM4 with Delano's. I think Sandberg described the difference as that the Sandbergs were more aggressive. I have a newer VS4 with a Sandberg P and the Delano seems to have more mids.

Definitely speak to the guys at sandberg service, they're great! They've posted me parts before. Contact [email protected]

The pickups probably are original, they've been using their own pickups on most of the range for quite a while now, but do still use Delano's on some models. Way back, they were pretty much all Delano. Don't forget that all Sandbergs are essentially made to order, so they can vary. Most common pickups are Sandberg's own, Delano or Haussel, but you could have anything in theory.

:D

Edited by TRBboy