Why become a member? ×

Sold: Ibanez SR740, 2000, Jap built
£325

Grangur

[b]Price dropped to £260[/b] inc shipping (Happy to ship to Europe for £275)

This bass is from 2000, made in the Ibanez Japanese factory. The body is mahogany and the whole thing feels really light.

A great bass, light in weight and buckets of versatility in the tone. The Pre delivers all the tones you could ever want.

It has just been re-finished and set-up with a low action. All in great condition. The mahogany body is finished in Oil finish, making it easily repaired to deal with dings and scratches. The flat-radius 24-fret neck, Dimarzio DP122BK and DP123LBK pups, Hipshot knobs, new pot in the pre-amp (genuine Ibanez).

This bass is in East Herts, near Stansted, but I can post to you or arrange delivery.

This is now on Ebay, but I'd rather sell here. So any offers? If not then it WILL sell on Sunday 6th November. So there's a deadline for offers of Saturday morning, 5th November.

Strap button now fitted!

More Info, to answer FAQs:
The pups are Dimarzios. I don't know more than that, I didn't change them
Tuners are believed to be Grover
Bridge is a good high-mass one from Northwest Guitars.
The pot knobs are Hipshot
The Pre-amp is the original. I've only replaced one pot as it was damaged. I ordered the replacement from Ibanez.

The finish is boiled linseed oil throughout.

I'm not really interested in trades thanks. I need to cull the collection a bit.

Sound clip:

[url="http://soundcloud.com/grangur/ibanez-sr740"]http://soundcloud.co...ur/ibanez-sr740[/url]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]OK, so now you can check out JUST how bad my playing is. [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]In defense, I've spent too long fixing basses in the past month. So the playing is truly "the pits". But, hey, it's the Ibby in action.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I've played on the Split coil, with Scooped, Bass boost only, Treble boost only.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Then bridge pup with the same - scooped, bass boost, and finally treble boost.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]All were recorded with the Scarlet 2i2 straight into Reaper. The volume on the bass was always on full. The levels on the Scarlet were kept the same though-out. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If I get some more time I may do it all again, but you can generally get a feel for the growl and it's flavour.[/font][/color]

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Grangur

[quote name='alyctes' timestamp='1474122301' post='3135771']
Hmm... any trades? (I'm trying to work out a way to trade for Interpol52's SRF700 :) - which I'm sure he'd trade for this.)
[/quote]
I'm not too keen to trade, but PM me with your offer. You never know I might go for it.