Why become a member? ×

SOLD... PRICE DROP... Fender Custom Shop 1960 Jazz Bass - Nocaster blonde matching headstock
£2240

drums1977

Now 2500 Eur...

This is surely a mistake. Recently, caught in a moment of fleeting madness and blinded by its simple beauty, I purchased this amazing and unique instrument, just to realize a few days later that 1) I am mostly a PBass guy and 2) I can't afford owning this bass and not play it. So here it is for the next lucky bass player. My intention is primarily trade it for the right PBass, mostly interested in vintage Fenders, body refins are OK (no neck refins please!!), I just want a light instrument with original electronics that kills at least as much as this Jazz Bass. And that means A LOT. This is not your regular second hand "2000 EUR" team built CS Jazz Bass... This is probably a one-of, complete personal custom built with many expensive options ticked on the build sheet. I checked with the current CS price list and ordering this now would cost you 4500-5000 EUR. Also, I was told the bass was ordered by a collector and it's in 9,5/10 condition, I would say only played for a few hours. Very very few marks or dings. For a straight sale I would be looking for 2600 EUR.

Anyway, to summarize: 1960 Jazz Bass in Nocaster Blonde nitro finish with matching headstock. Gold hardware all around, 1960 electronics W/ stacked knobs controls, two-piece alder body sorted for light weight (highlited in the factory built sheet!), very dark rosewood slab fingerboard, stunnig "AA" birdseye maple neck, custom tortoisell pickguard. New Old Stock relic treatment. Weight is 8,9 pounds. Balance is perfect. Sound and tone are IMPRESSIVE. I have owned several CS Jazzes and this is one step above them all. Really a joy of an instrument to play or just to watch sitting by your amp. Or to make some fellow musician you dislike very angry with you.

I requested the full floor traveler sheet from Fender in PDF that I can email to the interested basschatters.

[url="http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/roquefort2000/library/1960%20CS%20Jazz%20Bass%20Nocaster%20blonde?sort=3&page=1"][size=5][b]Here is a HD photogallery[/b][/size][/url]. I am not able to show the ellegance of this bass in photos, sorry, but I suppose you can have an idea. I have photographed her with a white PG too (not included), which IMHO makes it shine. The perfect Mary Kaye Jazz Bass. The most beautiful and classy bass I have owned. The baby girl is not included for sale. I might trade her for the right amount of horses, just PM me.

I almost forgot, it comes with the like-new brown tolex OHSC, gold covers, COA, and other case candy.

Thanks and enjoy.

Edited by drums1977

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...