Why become a member? ×

Who Regularly Gigs With CHEAPEST Bass?

thebrig

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1474563329' post='3138866']
I have gigged a harley benton, the sound is great but the weight is a bit too much for continued use.
[/quote]

Me too! That thing could have anchored the Queen Mary.

My current main gig bass cost me less than £100. Also my original fretless was a £75 Westfield 5 string that I defretted with a shovel, gigged it for a couple of years before replacing it, it still lives in my loft just in case a future relative needs a story for Ebaying it after my demise.

Edited by sprocketflup

[quote name='sykilz' timestamp='1474575645' post='3139001']
Thought my £150 Yamaha BB would be among the cheapest, but apparently I've been gigging a vastly overly expensive bass !!!!
[/quote]

Same here, never thought I'd see the day I felt like a fancy bastard with my £160 Ibanez!

Edit for spelling. It's late.

Edited by GarethFlatlands

[quote name='mr zed' timestamp='1474615842' post='3139186']

I bought the fretted version for the same price and it is a cracking bass. We both got massive bargains with these.
[/quote]

Nice one 👍.

Interesting that some have found Harley Bentons to be heavy - my Prog 5 fretless weighs 8lbs dead. I also have a HB shorty P that only weighs 6 3/4lbs! That was a bit pricier though and cost a princely £70 delivered 😁

[quote name='miles'tone' timestamp='1474791149' post='3140443']
Nice one .

Interesting that some have found Harley Bentons to be heavy - my Prog 5 fretless weighs 8lbs dead. I also have a HB shorty P that only weighs 6 3/4lbs! That was a bit pricier though and cost a princely £70 delivered
[/quote]
MY jb75 was seventeen pounds. It started to cut my arm off after two songs. Incredibly heavy bass