Why become a member? ×

NBD: bass collection jazz

lefrash

I was actually on the hunt for a p bass but came across this on gumtree just down the road from me for not alot of money so took a punt. There's not alot of info and I can't quite tell what model this is. Seems only a few years old.

Needed a slight tweak in the bridge but it now plays like butter and sounds superb. Really need to get new strings into it but I am absolutely delighted. The bridge alone seems to get a lot of love although I can't say I've seen one like it. Bass Collection is very much a brand you should look out for if you are looking for a cheapish jazz!

I really hate the decal though! 😂

Edited by lefrash

[quote name='Funky Dunky' timestamp='1474725426' post='3140088']
Frashy, you know the drill! Get pictures posted!

I've got serious P Bass lust at the mo, I kinda want to buy the bitsa Grangur is selling, but I'm doing up my Jim Deacon so I'll put the money into that instead.

We want pics and audio!
[/quote]

haha

I'vejust spent every second since i posted this trying to get photos up... it no worky

[quote name='Funky Dunky' timestamp='1474727044' post='3140100']
I like the colour too. So you now have two Jazzes and an Aerodyne?
[/quote]

Certainly is.. plus a wee rubbish black thing which I bought to defret but cant get the frets off! 😂😂 I've added a family photo.

The godin 6 string, I borrowed that off Dave butt about 15 years ago... so technically isn't mine... 😂

Edited by lefrash

https://youtu.be/wzhQ89Gbtqc

And, as you asked duncy, heres's a quick video. Mobile phone camera so not the best but I think it gets the point across! plays nicely and sounds awesome to my ears.. perhaps not in this bid though..

Apologies in advance for the man boobs. .. 😂

[quote name='Grahambythesea' timestamp='1475241414' post='3144334']
Looks like a really good buy! How is it for weight in comparison to your other Jazz!
[/quote]

My aerodyne jazz is super light but it's designed like that.. slim body etc. My cheapo Harley benton jazz is outrageously heavy. This is veering towards the lighter side. Feels well balanced too although I've not gigged it yet so things may become apparent after I use it properly.

After a week of playing it I'm not convinced I can 'hear' extra sustain from the massive chunk of metal for a bridge. But, that may be more noticeable when properly recording.

Delighted with it though!