Why become a member? ×

Vt or vtdi

camdoug1990

I got a le bass last week but after having a play, it really is over kill for what I need. so I'm exchanging it. The question is vt or vtdi, I play in a melodic/skate/hardcore punk band and after a couple of years of trying to figure out what my tone is Iv come to the realisation it is an svt 2pro. No chance I'm carting one of those about to do a half hour set though. Currently my set up is jazz bass with Aguilar hot pickups installed - tc spectracomp - Orange ob1 500 - gk neo 410.

Is there much difference between the pedals? Does the lack of blend on the vt effect the bottom end?

Plenty of lows with the standard unit. However if the tone of the OB1 isn't doing it for you and you want the VT tone, you could sell the amp and get a VT500. The amp not only has the blend and bite features of the VTDI, but also has a switch to shift the mid control lower down which is great for boosting low mids to fatten up a Jazz bass! You should be able to pick up a used one for £350 or less.

I`ve not used the regular VT, but the VTDI is a great pedal, and it`s always worth having a good DI pedal as a backup so that would get my vote. Plus our old producer was Ampeg mad, and when we recorded using my VTDI he was raving about how good it was.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1475012593' post='3142381']
I`ve not used the regular VT, but the VTDI is a great pedal, and it`s always worth having a good DI pedal as a backup so that would get my vote. Plus our old producer was Ampeg mad, and when we recorded using my VTDI he was raving about how good it was.
[/quote]

Mostly playing amp free at the mo and the VTDI is my amp tone. Like it so much I'm now using it as the front end to my amp when I do have a backline. Love that pedal.