Alder Body wings
Greenburst finish
5pc Maple Neck, Neck-Through !
Thick Macassar Ebony Board, 24 frets
34 scale
18mm spacing at bridge
Black Hardware
Black Metal and Pickup Covers
Pope Flexcore Preamp: Vol (p/p active/passive), Bal, passive Tone, stacked Treble/Bass, stacked Hi-Mid/Lo-Mid, Hi-Mid frequency select (lo-mid switch will be included, but not installed)
Weight: 4,9 kg

This is a unique BN6 from the 90s with some special extras. Not only the Greenburst finish (which looks breathtaking in natural, not everybody's cup of tea though). More important is the through-neck, George Furlanetto usually only builds Bolt-Ons today. Secondly the 34" scale (today 34.5 is common) and the 18mm spacing (today 19mm is common). The amazing Ebony Board is quite thick and rounded on top - more than most other basses. The P-Bass-like pickups had been the Standard back in that days. They have wooden covers and can be adjusted in height so that the board radius could be perfectly matched.

The limited Alain Caron BN6 Replica from 2010 had most of these specs reissued.

The bass sounds quite warm and organic, like all BNs I played in the past. Perhaps with a little more sparkling top-end due to the thick Ebony board.

The original electronics come with the bass. People who recall the older BN6 circuit probably understand why I replaced it with the excellent Pope Flexcore preamp - the older F Bass pre was not really supporting the bass and had a strange EQ mixing function which in my ear was too complex (yes - the Pope works easier !). The currrent F Bass pre is also excellent and could be purchased for about 370 USD (plus plus ...).

This bass has been played a lot and that is visible all over the bass. Condition is structurally very good - everything works fine. Aesthetically it shows a lot of wear from playing. Please look at the pics.

Bass comes with a luxury Levys LM19 leather gigbag - best in class !

SOLD

Pics here:
[url="http://s934.photobucket.com/user/mrbassman_de/library/Basses/F%20Bass%20BN6%20old%20PB%20Pickups%20Neckthrough"]http://s934.photobuc...s%20Neckthrough[/url]

Edited by mrbassman_de

I have a 90's BN6 with double split coils as well but with a bolt on necka and in black/ceruse. Since i got it a couple of years ago and refretted it (it was defretted when I bought it) it's become my main bass and I've tried out and let Foderas, Celinders and Alleva Coppolos go, one by one. Fantastic bass - highly recommended! :)

Edit: I agree about the old preamp though. It's pretty much useless...

Edited by sonicaddiction