Why become a member? ×

Stentor Elysia UDB WITHDRAWN
£1250

kedo

Since I have used my Yamaha Silent bass, which I bought through this forum a couple of years ago, almost exclusively on gigs, I have decided to sell my Elysia double bass. It's a matter of transport as I am getting on a bit now.

The bass is in good condition but is well played-in and has some minor dings which are consistent with it having been gigged. Anyone who has played an upright double bass will know how hard it is to avoid this.

It was professionally set up when I bought it 5 years ago by luthier Kenny McDonald of Edinburgh who has now retired. The action at the end of the fingerboard is 5mm at the G string and 8mm at the E. It has also had a new fixed bridge fitted a couple of years ago by Luthier John Wilkinson, also of Edinburgh, who reset the sound post, fitted a Shadow SH950 pickup and Helicore 'Hybrid' HH610 Medium tension strings. It also comes with a cover and decent stand.

It is a really good bass made of all solid carved wood (maybe the sides are laminated maple, I'm not sure). New set-up Elysia bases sell for well over £2,000

Anyone is welcome to visit to try it out.

Edited by kedo