Why become a member? ×

Can someone give me advice? Status content..

CaptainBlackarm16

So I've been chatting to a guy about a trade deal on my Dingwall AB1 and my lovely PRS SE Kestral, for a Status S2, I'm just wondering, is this a worthwhile deal or am I being ripped off?

Both are fantastic basses and I'm sure the Status is too, but I can't help but feel a little bit like maybe there's too much on offer on my end?

Edited by CaptainBlackarm16

Personally I'd rather have the Status than the Dingwall (and Kestrel), and I'm assuming you feel the same way since you're considering the offer. Going purely by market value, though, he would certainly be the real winner of the two of you. Is he looking to sell it, or was he interested in the Dingwall specifically? Who initiated the negotiations? Since he's looking to trade his bass for two others, I've a feeling he isn't desperately wanting for your particular duo, and might just end up selling one or both shortly after the deal's been made. If he agrees to sell it, that might be preferable for you, provided you're given enough time to sell the Dingwall.