Why become a member? ×

What were you doing when you were Eleven years old?

lowdown

When I was 11 I had just discovered pop/rock music having previously shown very little interest in any kind of music of any kind.

It would be another 2 years before I started to learn to play the guitar, but had I been playing back then it would have been glam rock songs inspired by T Rex etc. that I had written myself.

[quote name='zbd1960' timestamp='1474984183' post='3142036']
That would be 1971 for me. I started buying classical LPs then. Started playing cello at school the following year, but after that would then not play again until in my 50s. BG was 45 years away...
[/quote]

Wow, that is a long wait for the promised land.:)
(In Bass term of course).
But then again, it's never too late.

Edited by lowdown

It was 1985 and I was just getting into rock music, via stuff like The Scorpions, Iron Maiden and Kiss.

I didn't get a bass till i was 12 but did pay violin (pretty basically, and pretty badly) so i started holding that like a guitar and plucking it.

Luckily playing bass took over the following year.

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1474976531' post='3141937']
Mostly riding my bike, avoiding homework and playing computer games on a Spectrum. I wouldn't pick up the bass for another 6 years.
[/quote]
Me too. 1985, and I certainly wasn't as good at anything as that kid is, apart from maybe avoiding homework.

[quote name='ras52' timestamp='1474988924' post='3142087']
He's a late starter!

[/quote]

There has been a scan picture on Facebook over the weekend (Dave Swift announced that he will be a dad),
the picture included a Bass Guitar in the womb, tagged, 'no blood test needed'.
:)

Edited by lowdown

Away at Boarding School and counting myself lucky to have my own table tennis racket and cricket bat to while away the free hours.
I think if I started playing at 11 (actually I was 14) I'd still be tone deaf and struggling :)

That kid's going in the right direction tho.