Why become a member? ×

NBD, my black n maple Jazz has a twin!

FinnDave

Last March I splashed out on a Fender US Standard Jazz, black, n maple, then I put a black scratch plate on it. Love it. Still paying for it, though!

A few weeks ago I saw a similar (though MiM) Precision for sale on Facebook, decided to sleep on it but it had sold by the morning. Then I saw another, so I jumped on it. Arrived today, well packed, only needed tuning (and nothing was out by more than 1/4 turn) and then I played for the hour or more.

I'm in Fender even now, but will need to shift a couple of other basses to make room for them.

Here's a family pic of the new ones:

[attachment=228819:14449058_10154564056564313_4046513831905709023_n.jpg]

I really like the Jazz, but our guitarist prefers the thump of a Precision behind him, so it hasn't had as much use as I'd like. I'll take the black P to tomorrow's rehearsal and see if it meets with his approval. If it doesn't, I might bung a Quarter Pounder in it. My other (white) P bass is a current US Standard, and the pick up is good in them.

Nice! Love black & maple Fenders, here's my 3 main basses, the 2 Precisions get the most use but love all 3:

- 90's USA body with 78 USA fretless neck, CS62 pickups, tapewounds, missing tone knob (keeps falling off)
- 83 USA with Quarter Pounders, tapewounds
- 2011 USA Jazz Dlx, stock, strung with Hi-Beams

- overweight ginger cat, born 2015, has wind

[quote name='project_c' timestamp='1475082514' post='3142930']
Nice! Love black & maple Fenders, here's my 3 main basses, the 2 Precisions get the most use but love all 3:

- 90's USA body with 78 USA fretless neck, CS62 pickups, tapewounds, missing tone knob (keeps falling off)
- 83 USA with Quarter Pounders, tapewounds
- 2011 USA Jazz Dlx, stock, strung with Hi-Beams

- overweight ginger cat, born 2015, has wind

[/quote]

Nice. Very nice (though I'm not convinced about the cat!).

[quote name='Trueno' timestamp='1475258532' post='3144563']
I hate black Fenders... unless they have a black scratchplate, which transforms them into things of beauty. Maple board is the icing on the cake. Lovely pair of basses.
[/quote]

Aww..cheers! The Jazz was totally transformed when I switched the white scratchplate for a black one.

[quote name='Trueno' timestamp='1475258532' post='3144563']
I hate black Fenders... unless they have a black scratchplate, which transforms them into things of beauty. Maple board is the icing on the cake. Lovely pair of basses.
[/quote]

+1

Been seriously gassing for a black/black/maple Dimension recently and this isn't helping!