Why become a member? ×

Hartke HA3500 vs TX600

12stringbassist

The TX has only beem out in UK for a couple of weeks so you may struggle to find someone who has one yet. Im interested in trying one and i dont think the lack of EQ will be a problem. I like the Hartke shape function as that gives a whole host of sounds. I did read one review in the states about the TX where it was reported to be nowhere near as loud as youd expect for 600W.

I tried the TX600 in GAK a couple of weeks back. Nice sounding Hartke amp, simple to use, great little amp for rehearsal/studio/recording/club gigs etc, but didn't seem to be very powerful/loud to me for larger gigs. I used a HA3500 backline hire in a theatre gig a couple of years ago and from memory it really packed a punch and seemed to have much more headroom. Obviously this was a subjective comparison as the rooms were very different and a long time between trails. I have always wanted an HA3500 but the weight put me off. I wish Larry Hartke put the HA series preamp/graphic with a more powerful class D lightweight power amp. That would be a win/win.