Why become a member? ×

Hi

Nathan1709

Hi everyone,

I'm Nathan (as the username suggests) from the UK (Reading to be precise) and I am relatively new to the bass. I've played guitar for about 12 years, although you wouldn't guess if you heard me play. During that time I've messed about with the bass and even played a few gigs on bass but I've just recently decided to take the plunge and buy myself one for recording, writing and general jamming. I bought a Squier Bronco, hardly a high end bass I know, but being a guitarist I like shortscale basses and it's actually a pretty cool little bass. I was also drawn to it as I like the idea of modding and upgrading it myself and given that it's pretty inexpensive I feel fairly confident that I am not going to make any expensive mistakes. The only problem is that I am pretty much clueless when it comes to practical matters so I apologise in advance if I end up asking loads of stupid questions. To be honest that was what brought me here, looking for advice and recommendations to how I can beef up the sound and improve the look of the Bronco! I have read numerous threads about modding Bronco basses before ending up here, but a lot of them were either over my head or more US focused (where spare and replacement parts seem a lot easier to come by). I won't start unloading loads of questions in here, I'll try and keep it to the appropriate thread.

I'm looking forward to speaking to you all, hoping I can contribute and thank you in advance for any advice you can give me!

Cheers,
Nathan