Why become a member? ×

BSX Allegro Bridge/pickup issue

SteinOlavPedersen

Does anybody know if it´s possible to change the piezo in the bridge of a BSX EUB?

The D string suffers from some sort of overdrive and cuts the sound if I play it hard. I suspect the pickup to be the problem.
The preamp seems ok. No problem with the other strings. All individual controls act normal.

Anyone who have had this kind of problem?

I had the same problem with mine, but with the G string. In the end I removed the bridge, all the electronics, and installed a new traditional bridge with adjusters and a Fishman Fullcircle. The wiring is very complex in there. When I had my issues Dino said I could uninstall the bridge and send it to him for repair, but putting it all back together would be a nightmare as there are something like 17 wires to disconnect and reattach! They are great basses but that integrated pickup thing sucks for repairs unless you are near and can give him the bass. I must say that mine sounds much more db like now with the FC pickup on there, just looks a bit odd with the different bridge.