Why become a member? ×

Sold Pending: 2 week old Warwick Pro Series Streamer CV5- immaculate
£900

Old Horse Murphy

For sale is a 2 week old Warwick Streamer Pro Series CV5 (team built in Germany) complete with fitted Warwick gigbag and all the tools (including straplocks). It has been set up by Hardy's Music in Bristol and is strung with a new set of DR Sunbeams. It also comes with a brand new set of La Bekka Deep Talkin' Flats that cost £47.

These have satin finishes and I reckon this one is less than 9lbs in weight. It is passive and sounds wonderful. In fact, it's the best 5 string bass I've ever played but unfortunately old injuries still hamper me when playing 5 strings :(

These retail at £1,479 (check out the identical one in the Great British Bass Lounge). Mine is absolutely spotless, virtually unplayed and considerably less at £850 plus postage.

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

• 2 weeks later...

I know what you mean. I've never looked twice at a Warwick before (apart from the Starbass) String spacing is 16.5mm and even with my bad hand, is the most comfortable 5er I've played.

Here are the specs:

MAKE: Warwick
MODEL: Streamer CV5 (German Pro-Series)
ORIGIN: Germany
BODY WOOD(S): Swamp Ash
COLOUR/FINISH: Natural, satin finish
NECK/SCALE LENGTH: Maple, satin finish bolt-on neck, 34″ scale, 16.5mm string spacing
FINGERBOARD: Rosewood, 21 jumbo nickel frets, dot inlays
WIDTH AT NUT/12TH FRET: 45mm/61mm
ELECTRONICS: 2x MEC passive J style single coil Alnico 5 pickups. Controls: Volume/Volume/treble/bass
HARDWARE: Warwick chrome: 2 piece bridge, modern lightweight tuners and straplocks

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Norm' timestamp='1476098613' post='3151177']
Not usually fond of wicks but I'm very drawn to this?!?!
What is the string spacing?
[/quote]
The string spacing is adjustable. It goes from about 15/16 out to about 20mm as far as I can tell with my Warwicks when I played with it.

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1476856846' post='3157760']

The string spacing is adjustable. It goes from about 15/16 out to about 20mm as far as I can tell with my Warwicks when I played with it.
[/quote]
Interesting, just trying to get my head around how that works? If you can adjust the space between all strings from 16 to 20mm, there is 4 spaces x4mm, thats 16mm of extra width required on the neck? Doesn't look like the fretboard could accomadate that increase without the top & bottom strings being off the edge? Not saying you are wrong Grangur just I cant see it! :-)
Still liking the look of it type of bump.

[quote name='Norm' timestamp='1476867224' post='3157840']

Interesting, just trying to get my head around how that works? If you can adjust the space between all strings from 16 to 20mm, there is 4 spaces x4mm, thats 16mm of extra width required on the neck? Doesn't look like the fretboard could accomadate that increase without the top & bottom strings being off the edge? Not saying you are wrong Grangur just I cant see it! :-)
Still liking the look of it type of bump.
[/quote] TBH last time I looked at it I was doing it on a 5string. If I get time tonight I'll have a try on a 4 string and see what variance I can get.