Why become a member? ×

Ampeg PF500 Non-issues

Dazlexic101

Sure - thats the internet for you. Mine works like I expected it to, so nothing to shout about. There does seem to have been lots of people having bad experiences, so I could have just been lucky I guess.

If you are passing Cardiff at any time, you'd be welcome to pop in and have a play with mine!

[quote name='Dazlexic101' timestamp='1475183043' post='3143922']
I'm planning on getting one but I'm apprehensive due to the number of apparent issues every single owner seems to be having.
What I find is people are quick enough to complain about something but not quick to commend.
[/quote]
so probably worth getting the PF800 then? I hade a PF500 for about a year, so approx 30 gigs plus 20 odd rehersals, this is back a while, so 2012/13? No probs at all but I've seen plenty of reports otherwise, me? I'd go elsewhere...

The PF500's had serious problems in the early days but that should have been fixed for the last few years. I haven't seen reports of anyone having problems recently.

I wouldn't buy a second hand one unless the seller could prove when it was bought, but new ones should be fine now.

[quote name='stega' timestamp='1475183618' post='3143927']
Sure - thats the internet for you. Mine works like I expected it to, so nothing to shout about. There does seem to have been lots of people having bad experiences, so I could have just been lucky I guess.

If you are passing Cardiff at any time, you'd be welcome to pop in and have a play with mine!
[/quote]

Cheers fella. I'm only in Neath. Do you have a store in Cardiff?

I`ve had two of these, one in 2011 which did 3hr rehearsals, numerous gigs, day long recording sessions, no issues at all. The second in 2013 didn`t make it to 30mins of a rehearsal before a really rotten burning smell came from it. Shame, they have a great sound but it really put me off of them. Must admit am yet to read of any issues with the PF800 though.

[quote name='Dazlexic101' timestamp='1475238482' post='3144296']
Cheers fella. I'm only in Neath. Do you have a store in Cardiff?
[/quote]

I don't have a store, just a living room with a bass in it. Serious offer though - if you want to try it out, see how it sounds, you'd be welcome to pop in. Its connected up to a Barefaced Super Twin, and sounds bloody marvellous to these ears.