Why become a member? ×

MB 2x12 questions

bob_atherton

I use and gig with 2 MB 2x10 cabs stacked vertically and they sound just great.

I've tried just one cab for small gigs and rehearsals but it just doesnt have enough scale, even at low volume.

I'm thinking about getting a MB 2x12 cab for these gigs and rehearsals.

They make two that I'm interested in the Ninja 2x12 and the New York 2x12.

Can anyone offer advice on these cabs, thanks.

I use a MB head the TA500, I think it's called. Valve pre and SS power in a sort of cage thing. Sounds good to my ears anyway.

I use an NY122 in conjunction with a TC BH550. It's a superb cab that easily provides sufficient bottom end and power while staying clean at high volume. I've used it on some big outdoor stages to great effect. A real 'One cab solution'. For what it's worth, it's beautifully built too.

Edited by 40hz

I can`t remember which MB 212 it was that I had but it was a great cab. At the time I had a CMD121P & NY121 for portability, and the 212 with a Little Mark 3 - that soon became my gigging rig, I just preferred it, think it just seemed to have more "size" to the sound.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1475319542' post='3144987']
I can`t remember which MB 212 it was that I had but it was a great cab. At the time I had a CMD121P & NY121 for portability, and the 212 with a Little Mark 3 - that soon became my gigging rig, I just preferred it, think it just seemed to have more "size" to the sound.
[/quote]

Club 600F32 😉

No idea why they discontinued it when they did. It was the best cab they made IMO. An absolute beast.

[quote name='M@23' timestamp='1475332392' post='3145129']

Club 600F32 😉

No idea why they discontinued it when they did. It was the best cab they made IMO. An absolute beast.
[/quote]

A fantastic cab indeed, but much larger physically than the NY122 and therefore maybe not the ideal small venue cab.

[quote name='Sparky Mark' timestamp='1475346265' post='3145290']

A fantastic cab indeed, but much larger physically than the NY122 and therefore maybe not the ideal small venue cab.
[/quote]

The most frustrating thing was that it had the handles on the top and bottom, if the cab is standing vertically. The 2x12 is use now is still pretty much the same size, but much easier to move due to the side mounted handles.