Why become a member? ×

Silverstone Amp Covers.

Jase

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='1240616' date='May 22 2011, 06:17 PM']Maybe link him to this thread? If you Google "Silverstone Amp Covers" there's 4 complaint threads from different sites on the first page, including this one.
I'm not sure how this guy is still in business, no way i'd ever buy anything from him no matter how nice his covers are.

Btw there's also this company that makes cabinet covers, never used them but there's an eBay shop and a really bad website. Seems good quality and if he rips you off i can go and shout at him as it's just down the road from me! It's based in Fleetwood, Lancashire.
[url="http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/bacsew/?_trksid=p4340.l2559"]http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/bacsew/?_trksid=p4340.l2559[/url]
[url="http://bacsew.co.uk/default.aspx"]http://bacsew.co.uk/default.aspx[/url]
I'm thinking of getting a quote for my EA cab (i want a cover with a velcro top and shoulder strap), if i go ahead with it i'll post my experiences here.[/quote]

Ahh we've got some of them to cover our EV speakers. They're top quality!

[quote name='goblin' post='1240875' date='May 22 2011, 09:35 PM']Ahh we've got some of them to cover our EV speakers. They're top quality![/quote]

Excellent!

Looing at the site i see he does shooting gear and it looks like top quality work, not too many close ups of his cab covers though. The only reason i know about it is that his covers crop up every time i do a local search for "Bass" on eBay, handy to have someone like that just a few miles away.
I've messaged him about a quote, i see he does zipped covers which is great as i've enquired about a full padded carry bag with a zipped top and shoulder strap.

I'm not too keen on the look of the Roqsolid ones, they look a bit plasticy as do the Hotcovers ones. I know they have really good reputations but i prefer the style i have on my Schroeder cab and old Hartke cabs - kinda like padded neoprene.
Annoyingly the Silverstone ones look brilliant.

If it comes down to it i can just get a slip cover made for nowt at work so nothing to lose really.

Can't fault it. I didn't know my dad had bought anything from them until they turned up in the post, and when he got home his words were "blimey that was quick!" We've got a mic stand bag too which is just as good, only downfall is that the zip's gone, but you can't exactly blame a zip on them, and it doesn't affect the rest of the bag :)

My dad's got a roqsolid on his Mesa Boogie DC5 combo (also a guitarist) and they're not as plasticy as they look in the pictures, but they're not to everyone's taste.

Ah cool, cheers for the info bud!

Yeah i'm kinda after a cover that retains it's shape when it's taken off as it's basically gonna be used as a shoulder bag with a mini neo cab in so needs to be sturdy. The Hartke ones were excellent quality and the Schroeder one i got off Shaun at SHX (£25 in his sale :) ) is also top notch.

The Roqsolid ones in particular look a bit floppy, although it's really hard to tell as their site is awful and doesn't showcase their product at all. Same with the Hotcovers website, i really wanna get a look at what they make but it's just one dodgy generic photo!

Aye i thought they looked pretty sturdy in some of his eBay listings. I particularly like the zip-fronted one (Hisys i think) which is pretty much what i'm after but turned on it's side.

Bonus is if he has shop then i can take the cab down and get a better idea of the materials. I actually work in a not too dissimilar field so can provide vehicle-quality parts for strap buckles and anchor plates etc.

Received today after 5 days I placed the order a few covers from Roqsolid. A perfect 10 in service and time.
They are perfectly done but sincerely there's no comparison between these ones and the Silverstone covers, and the price is very similar.
The Roqsolid looks cheaper in both materials and style and the padding is thinner. The outer material and the seam binding that looks leather on the Silvertone are thicker and 100 hundred times nicer than the Roqsolid cloth ones.
As advantage the Roqsolid are easier to handle, fold and very light and for sure they do the work too.

What a shame Silverstone only cares about the product. :)

Edited by jsixties

• 2 years later...

DO NOT attempt to buy any products from Silvertone Amp Covers and DO NOT use a payment provider trading under the name of NOCHEX. I ordered a cover for a MarkBass 151 P cabinet from Silvertone in September 2013. I received an email from NOCHEX, the payment provider, to acknowledge their receipt of my money. Since then, nothing, especially no delivery of the cover. I received no confirmation of order; I can't contact Silvertone because they have taken their website down, and NOCHEX have stopped replying to my questions as to the whereabouts of my money. I have no idea whether NOCHEX have simply banked the money or given it to Silvertone.
Only after having this problem did I think to check Silvertone Amp Covers' credentials and I found posts about them on BassChat from two years ago. I wish I had checked before I ordered.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='BassMark' timestamp='1384007135' post='2271833']
DO NOT attempt to buy any products from Silvertone Amp Covers and DO NOT use a payment provider trading under the name of NOCHEX. I ordered a cover for a MarkBass 151 P cabinet from Silvertone in September 2013. I received an email from NOCHEX, the payment provider, to acknowledge their receipt of my money. Since then, nothing, especially no delivery of the cover. I received no confirmation of order; I can't contact Silvertone because they have taken their website down, and NOCHEX have stopped replying to my questions as to the whereabouts of my money. I have no idea whether NOCHEX have simply banked the money or given it to Silvertone.
Only after having this problem did I think to check Silvertone Amp Covers' credentials and I found posts about them on BassChat from two years ago. I wish I had checked before I ordered.
[/quote]

Trading standards?

• 4 weeks later...