Why become a member? ×

Silverstone Amp Covers.

Jase

Just had a cover made for my HA3500 by Silverstone, brilliant quality, perfect fit and ideal for keeping dry when it's belting down with rain at a gig. Very good prices and a quick service! :)
[url="http://www.ampcovers.co.uk/default.asp"]Amp Covers by Silverstone.[/url]

[quote name='Jase' post='301971' date='Oct 8 2008, 10:37 AM']Just had a cover made for my HA3500 by Silverstone, brilliant quality, perfect fit and ideal for keeping dry when it's belting down with rain at a gig. Very good prices and a quick service! :)
[url="http://www.ampcovers.co.uk/default.asp"]Amp Covers by Silverstone.[/url][/quote]

big +1 to that. Very happy with my Ashdown head cover from them. It whiffed a bit to start (the material they use) but that has gone now.

[quote name='Hot Tub' post='303038' date='Oct 9 2008, 01:28 PM']Hmmmm..... thinking about getting one of these for my MarkBass CMD103H. Just wish they did black & yellow.....[/quote]

Might be worth having a chat with him, nice chap.

Hey guys.

I'm looking at getting an amp cover for my techsoundsystems ND115s mini. Its an odd shape so It'll be a custom order.

I'd love one for my Hartke A35, but its a kickback design so side-on its a trapezium-type shape. I'd need some kind of clip-system to keep it on properly and I was wondering if the amp covers have any sort of mechanism or design where the case is held together on the underside of the amp/cab?

I imagine I can email the manufacturer (and intend to), but I was just wondering about your own experiences.

Ta.

Dan

[quote name='TheBrokenDoor' post='305053' date='Oct 12 2008, 09:43 PM']Hey guys.

I'm looking at getting an amp cover for my techsoundsystems ND115s mini. Its an odd shape so It'll be a custom order.

I'd love one for my Hartke A35, but its a kickback design so side-on its a trapezium-type shape. I'd need some kind of clip-system to keep it on properly and I was wondering if the amp covers have any sort of mechanism or design where the case is held together on the underside of the amp/cab?

I imagine I can email the manufacturer (and intend to), but I was just wondering about your own experiences.

Ta.

Dan[/quote]

The HA3500 has popper like buttons on the side, I'll post some pics so you have some idea :)

I've emailed for a quote for my Epifani UL-610 ... As much as I would love Epifani's own cover, the cost + £shipping was a bit more than I could stomach!

I'm interested to see what these guys come up with!

[quote name='stewblack' post='317510' date='Oct 29 2008, 01:05 PM']Hmm. Can't raise them on the phone, - does anyone know how much the fabric relaxes with use? This is stupidly tight. Takes about 20 minutes to drag it on inch by inch.[/quote]

Let it warm up, sounds stupid I know but maybe it's because it's been in a depot overnight???? FWIW, I know a person who had repairs/modifications done FOC.

[quote name='Jase' post='317628' date='Oct 29 2008, 02:53 PM']Let it warm up, sounds stupid I know but maybe it's because it's been in a depot overnight???? FWIW, I know a person who had repairs/modifications done FOC.[/quote]

I wouldn't expect that to make a significant difference. If I were you, I'd email Shaun using [url="http://ampcovers.co.uk/contact.asp"]this web form[/url] and let him know your concerns.

S.P.

[quote name='stylonpilson' post='305957' date='Oct 14 2008, 06:29 AM']I've just placed my order![/quote]

So the cover arrived 9 days later. I was utterly ecstatic - the build quality is superb, but it was a couple of inches too short. I emailed Shaun and told him my problem, and he showed concern and took all the relevant information. I haven't heard from him since then - it's been nearly two weeks, and I've sent him a few emails, but he hasn't replied. I don't know whether he's in the process of making a replacement, or if he's ignoring me and hoping that I go away.

UPDATE (Wed): I've had a reply. The replacement has been made, but he was waiting for me to send the old one back.

FINAL UPDATE (Fri): I sent the old one back on Wednesday, and the replacement arrived this morning. No problems with it. I'm slightly annoyed that the whole thing ended up costing an extra £5.72 (for posting the incorrect one back) but I suppose this is probably a rare occurrence.

S.P.

Edited by Stylon Pilson

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Stylon Pilson' post='321625' date='Nov 4 2008, 10:57 AM']So the cover arrived 9 days later. I was utterly ecstatic - the build quality is superb, but it was a couple of inches too short. I emailed Shaun and told him my problem, and he showed concern and took all the relevant information. I haven't heard from him since then - it's been nearly two weeks, and I've sent him a few emails, but he hasn't replied. I don't know whether he's in the process of making a replacement, or if he's ignoring me and hoping that I go away.

UPDATE (Wed): I've had a reply. The replacement has been made, but he was waiting for me to send the old one back.

FINAL UPDATE (Fri): I sent the old one back on Wednesday, and the replacement arrived this morning. No problems with it. I'm slightly annoyed that the whole thing ended up costing an extra £5.72 (for posting the incorrect one back) but I suppose this is probably a rare occurrence.

S.P.[/quote]

This isn't a one off unfortunately. I also ordered one, Sean was a top guy. It came, and was wrong size. He agreed to pick it up and supply another one and said in lieu of the bad service, would give me a better model. I was delighted. Pick up happened within a week or so but then took emails, phone calls and pestering from me to get the replacement. Only arrived after I asked for my money back!! guess what, was the freaking standard model I had originally ordered. Took about a month to arrive and I wouldn't use them again as their service appears to be a lottery which is a shame because I genuinely liked the guy.

Yea, I don't wanna add to any bad press, as I'm sure it's an isolated incident.. but after a few emails I sent that were requested to confirm the dimensions of my cab, so I could pay for the quote... the trail seems to have gone a bit quiet.

I'm gonna have a google see who else makes covers... Maybe I'll have to fork out for the rather expensive Epifani ones afer all!

• 2 months later...