Why become a member? ×

FS: Shed load of bass parts. Literally....! **ALL SOLD**
£1000

I'm going to be adding to this thread over the next couple of days and adding more photos as I go. I've built rather large collection of bitsas, mostly quality instruments, but which I don't really gig anymore, so aware that you rarely get back anything like what you put into them either financially or in terms of time, I'm breaking them all for parts. Some of the parts are to all intents unused. All prices include insured/signed for postage via Royal Mail Special Delivery. The prices are all very good and this stuff will sell quickly given this, so [b][u]no haggling or offers please![/u][/b]

So, for starters........

[b][s]East J-Retro pre-amp (boxed and little used). Flat response, the classic Jazz pre. Solderless version bought new mid 2015. £125[/s] SOLD[/b]

[b][s]ACG/East 02 pre-amp. £100[/s] SOLD[/b]

You WILL need a soldering iron, but it'll be worth it to install a phenomenal filter-based pre amp :)

[url="http://s80.photobucket.com/user/Beedster/media/IMG_1983_zps9bthorfk.jpg.html"][/url]

[url="http://s80.photobucket.com/user/Beedster/media/IMG_1985_zpsagxiotd0.jpg.html"][/url]

[b][s]Fender S1 Jazz Bass circuit, control plate and knobs. £30[/s] SOLD[/b]

[b][s]Seymour Duncan Custom Shop Weather Report Jazz Bass PUPs (boxed and little used). £125[/s] SOLD[/b]

[b][s]Di Marzio DP122 Precision PUP (boxed). Slight damage to case although not visible when installed[/s]. £30 SOLD[/b]

[b][s]Di Marzio DP149 Jazz Bass PUPs (boxed). £60[/s] SOLD[/b]

[b]Badass III bridge. Nice condition. £80[/b]

Smaller footprint that the model II, string through option as well.

[url="http://s80.photobucket.com/user/Beedster/media/IMG_1952_zpsab9bjzbq.jpg.html"][/url]

[b]Badass I bridge. Seen better days but few bridges do bridging as well as this bridge :). £40[/b]

A monster. Ugly, heavy but effective. Previous owner made a bad job of aligning the grooves so I had to reverse the E saddle. Works fine, and doubles the weight of your bass within minutes.

[url="http://s80.photobucket.com/user/Beedster/media/IMG_1951_zpsyo9lep6e.jpg.html"][/url]

[b]Jazz Bass pickguard aged white. £20[/b]

[url="http://s80.photobucket.com/user/Beedster/media/IMG_1969_zpsqaw21v79.jpg.html"][/url]

[b]Jazz Bass pickguard aged tort. £20[/b]

[url="http://s80.photobucket.com/user/Beedster/media/IMG_1972_zpsws3b06gn.jpg.html"][/url]

[b][s]Allparts Jazz Bass neck. Maple board, bound with black blocks & tuners. £100[/s]​ SOLD[/b]

[b][s]Warmoth Jazz Bass neck (fretless). Rosewood board with tuners. £100[/s] SOLD[/b]

[b][s]Jazz Bass body (Greco IIRC, either way mid 70's Japanese). 70's PUP spacing. Lovely aged natural finish. £90[/s]​ SOLD[/b]

[b][s]Jazz Bass body (generic, hand finished in Danish oil at Beedster Custom Shop and rather attractive). 60's PUP spacing. £60[/s] SOLD[/b]

Chris

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1475400241' post='3145569']
Chris,

Do you know the dimensions of the DiMarzio pick up, including the distance between the pole pieces?

Cheers

Nik
[/quote]

Hi Nik, will check and get back to you mate.

C

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1475401897' post='3145584'] Hi Nik, will check and get back to you mate. C [/quote]

Hi Chris

I've found them online so no need to worry.. Am just checking my bass to see if the DiMarzio would fit it...

Cheers

Nik

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1475494878' post='3146315']
Hi Chris

I've found them online so no need to worry.. Am just checking my bass to see if the DiMarzio would fit it...

Cheers

Nik
[/quote]

Thanks Nick, I have the PUPs but can;t find my feeler gauge to check the pole pieces. I imagine they're pretty standard? If you've an 'interesting' string width issue, I've also got a Bill Lawrence P46 that might be the solution and which I might be prepared to part with......?

[quote name='samhay' timestamp='1475508968' post='3146485']
Any chance you could post a picture of the freltess Allparts neck?
[/quote]

Now posted, turns out it's Warmoth and not Allparts, too many parts, too few brain cells :)

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1475494878' post='3146315']
Hi Chris

Cheers

Nik
[/quote]

Nik, it also goes without saying that you can have it on spec; if it fits, keep it, if not, send it back. We can sort money at a later stage

C

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1475520267' post='3146618']

Nik, it also goes without saying that you can have it on spec; if it fits, keep it, if not, send it back. We can sort money at a later stage

C
[/quote]
Thanks Chris,

PM sent.. :)

Nik

Those East/ACG 02 preamps are a great way to check out filter preamps. If it's anything like mine was, you have vol/bal on one stack and then low and high filters on the other stacks. This makes using the pre a little more like "regular" active preamps where you set your pickup balance and then the filter is applied. Really cool preamps.

[quote name='TPJ' timestamp='1475658417' post='3147645']
Those East/ACG 02 preamps are a great way to check out filter preamps. If it's anything like mine was, you have vol/bal on one stack and then low and high filters on the other stacks. This makes using the pre a little more like "regular" active preamps where you set your pickup balance and then the filter is applied. Really cool preamps.
[/quote]

Thanks mate, I bought it at a point in time when I was falling in love with my Wal circuits whilst at the same time falling very much out of love with my Wals as instruments (not so much falling out of love with them as wanting something a little less demanding on the bank account, two Wals is an expensive habit). So, I bough this to put in, of all things, a Ric fretless! However, i got to the point with the project that it all became too much (I had close to £4k worth of bass parts lying around the shed and even when I got time to build them I didn't have time to play them), so I sold the bass and completely forgot I had this circuit. They seem to be rather druid-like, that is they exist but leave little evidence of it, the below seems the best I can find (I believe the unit above also has passive tone)

----------------------------------

[color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Helvetica-Bold, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]ACG EQ-02 Preamp[/size][/font][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Alan Cringean (of AC Guitars) has teamed up with [font=Helvetica-Bold, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]John East[/font] from East UK to produce a filter based pre-amp. [/size][/font][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]This new pre-amp is available in different configurations. This includes a single pickup version, and 3/4/5 knob versions. Same easy installation as other East Preamps with all connections made using screw terminals so no soldering required.[/size][/font][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Helvetica-Bold, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]How it works[/size][/font][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]If you are used to the normal cut and boost type of EQ using the ACG pre-amp will require a different approach in order to get the most from it.[/size][/font][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]First a few notes on the principals behind the design and then a few suggestions on how to get the best from it.[/size][/font][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Note: With regard to knob rotation:[/size][/font][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]ACW = Backing a knob off or turning it anti-clockwise[/size][/font][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]CW= Turning a knob up towards maximum or turning it clockwise.[/size][/font][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]VOLUME/BLEND STACK[/size][/font][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]The volume of the instrument is controlled by the upper ring on the stack while the lower ring controls the mixing of the outputs from the two pickups. Turn ACW for the bridge pickup alone and CW for the neck pickup. Intermediate settings allow a mix of the two pickups. The indented centre click gives an equal mix. In several configurations the volume and blend are on individual pots.[/size][/font][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]The main element in the pre-amp is the filter stacks.[/size][/font][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]BASS FILTER STACK[/size][/font][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]First, a filter lets some parts of the frequency spectrum through and not others. The type of filter determines which part it lets through. Also, the amount of cut-off is important. If it has a sharp or steep cut-off, it is more dramatic.[/size][/font][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]There is a LOW PASS FILTER where the frequency is variable over quite a broad range; from just allowing the very deepest sounds through, to allowing upper midrange frequencies of 3kHz. As the frequency control is adjusted, sound ranges from very deep to a much more open sound, taking in more midrange as the control is increased. As it's a low pass filter, the very low bass is always there, but the high frequencies can be progressively opened up.[/size][/font][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]This aspect of the pre-amp is controlled by the lower ring on the filter stack. Fully ACW giving you a very full deep bass sound. As the knob is turned CW, more of the higher frequencies are let through the filter.[/size][/font][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]The upper knob of the filter stack controls the overshoot peak. This means that some resonance can be added at the frequency of cut-off to which the filter is tuned. This has the effect of making the sound much richer at the point of the filter frequency. So if the filter is set to a low frequency on the neck pickup, and the overshoot peak is increased, you get a massive reggae style of sound as you're giving resonation to the more fundamental frequencies. If the filter is set higher, it accentuates the harmonics. To give you an idea, if you rotate the filter control up and down when the peak is turned up, it sounds very much like a wah control.[/size][/font][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]The upper ring on the filter stack sets the peak level. Fully CW is maximum gain (boost) and when turned ACW the gain is reduced.[/size][/font][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]TREBLE FILTER STACK[/size][/font][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]The treble stack is there to address the top end of the spectrum as the filters cut off below the very highest frequencies you can get from roundwound strings. Here we're talking about the high end 'sizzle'. The frequency control also goes well down into the upper midrange around 1kHz. This is another filter type, a HIGH PASS FILTER in the treble signal path. This sets the frequency above which the treble spectrum is allowed to pass through. The upper knob controls the gain (boost) applied to the treble frequency while the lower ring controls the frequencies which are allowed through. Turning the frequency ACW allows more of the lower treble spectrum. Setting more CW allows only the higher frequencies of the treble spectrum to pass.[/size][/font][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]INTERNAL CONTROLS[/size][/font][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]The pre-amp also has some internal control options. There is a separate gain control for each pickup input. The main use for this control is to allow you to use two different types of pickup but still have a balanced volume from them both[/size][/font][/font][/color]

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...